Turn on thread page Beta

Norfolk - what to do?! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to Norfolk this weekend for a mini holiday and wondered if anyone can recommend stuff to do round there? Are any of the towns worth visiting?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Jack)
    I'm going to Norfolk this weekend for a mini holiday and wondered if anyone can recommend stuff to do round there? Are any of the towns worth visiting?
    norwich city itself is a lovely city with lots to do like shopping centres cinemas nice places to eat and then there's the cathedral and the castle as well all in the main centre

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    norwich city itself is a lovely city with lots to do like shopping centres cinemas nice places to eat and then there's the cathedral and the castle as well all in the main centre
    Oh, brill thank you! Will probably head in there for one of the days then as it's very close to where we will be.

ReputationRep:
    Milk a cow
    Shear a sheep
    Ride a horse
    Steal a chicken's egg

ReputationRep:
    Oh, brill thank you! Will probably head in there for one of the days then as it's very close to where we will be.
    Yeh trust me I've been there like 10 times. If you're looking for things to do on an evening particularly then head out along the river which is right near the station as there is a bowling alley and tonnes of restraurents and a cinema all down one strip

There are like 4 whetherspoons and if you want shopping then go to the chapelfield shopping centre

ReputationRep:
    Tbh Norfolk isnt very exciting but Norwich is a good place to go. Esp if you want to do some shopping!
    Gt Yarmouth is also a nice place too, esp at night! There are so many lights its incredible!
    Hunstanton might be worth a visit too! (You may even see me haha)!
    And Sandringham too, seeing as the queen lives there and its rather pretty too!
    Kings lynn maybe?! Full of history (and me!).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FireFreezer77)
    Tbh Norfolk isnt very exciting but Norwich is a good place to go. Esp if you want to do some shopping!
    Gt Yarmouth is also a nice place too, esp at night! There are so many lights its incredible!
    Hunstanton might be worth a visit too! (You may even see me haha)!
    And Sandringham too, seeing as the queen lives there and its rather pretty too!
    Kings lynn maybe?! Full of history (and me!).
    If doing Hunstanton/King's Lynn, walk between the two via the coast, dersingham, sandringham and castle rising. Long walk but great fun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJMayes)
    If doing Hunstanton/King's Lynn, walk between the two via the coast, dersingham, sandringham and castle rising. Long walk but great fun.
    Thats gonna take way too long! Its too far to walk.
    If youre going to castle rising you may aswell visit me haha!
    Im always driving past it too! Theres a nice road there!

ReputationRep:
    https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...ge-norfolk-sky

ReputationRep:
    I've done the walk - it's a long one (about 6 and a half hours) but a beautiful one.

ReputationRep:
    This show was just priceless entertainment

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    This show was just priceless entertainment
    knowing me bear™ knowing you fefssdf AHAAAAAAAAAAAA *

ReputationRep:
    I've done the walk - it's a long one (about 6 and a half hours) but a beautiful one.
    Yikes! Thats about what i was expecting.
    Well i wouldnt say its beautiful here but everyone has different tastes!
    Where was your favourite area?

ReputationRep:
    Yikes! Thats about what i was expecting.
    Well i wouldnt say its beautiful here but everyone has different tastes!
    Where was your favourite area?
    The (Sheringham?) nature reserve with the wash and river ingol running parallel was probably my favourite bit.

ReputationRep:
    you should definitely do Norwich and I'd say kings Lynn is worth a visit (you have to visit bitson's chip shop fried in beef dripping it is a staple when I visit family)
    and castle rising has a nice pub i forget the name but my grandparents had their renewal ceremony meal there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesthehustler)
    you should definitely do Norwich and I'd say kings Lynn is worth a visit (you have to visit bitson's chip shop fried in beef dripping it is a staple when I visit family)
    and castle rising has a nice pub i forget the name but my grandparents had their renewal ceremony meal there
    The pub in Castle Rising is called the Black Horse The best pub in the town is probably the Crown and Mitre.

Lynn is alright for a day visit, the Customs House and Old Gaol House are worth visiting. Bitson's is a good proper chippy. Spend any longer than half a day there and you're scraping the barrel though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    The pub in Castle Rising is called the Black Horse The best pub in the town is probably the Crown and Mitre.

Lynn is alright for a day visit, the Customs House and Old Gaol House are worth visiting. Bitson's is a good proper chippy. Spend any longer than half a day there and you're scraping the barrel though.
    the crown and mitre that was it
    and I'd agree on spending half a day it as much as you could really want unless the mart is on but that only February time of course

ReputationRep:
    The (Sheringham?) nature reserve with the wash and river ingol running parallel was probably my favourite bit.
    Sheringham? How have you ended up there? That's near Cromer, it would take at least a day to walk from there.
    Do you mean Snettisham? That's en route.
    But I've never heard of the river ingol somehow but just googled it and it does look rather nice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesthehustler)
    Where's Bistons? I'm not sure I've seen it before? I'm gonna end up going on a search now haha!
    The Black Horse.
    Knights Hill is a great restaurant though! Close to Castle Rising too! Brilliant!
    Tbh don't stay out at night in Lynn though, it's not the safest of places to be. There are some dangerous people who roam around at nights and there have one or two stabbings this year so far and rapes too. So stay in at night! Or avoid the town centre anyway!

ReputationRep:
    this is an in depth view of Norfolk ( not Alan Partridge. aha )

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.