Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm thinking about doing a French and History joint degree and other than teaching or translating/interpreting, I have no clue on what careers that could lead onto. I've heard about doing a law conversion degree, but is it a good idea?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    The vast majority of graduate jobs do not require a specific degree. You could do a law conversion course, or a thousand other things. I suggest you study something you're interested in and let the careers side of things sort itself out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spahan17)
    Hi, I'm thinking about doing a French and History joint degree and other than teaching or translating/interpreting, I have no clue on what careers that could lead onto. I've heard about doing a law conversion degree, but is it a good idea?
    -Teaching
    -Interpreting
    -Politics
    -International Relations
    -Business
    -International buying
    -Travel and tourism
    -Media
    -Events management

Just a few sectors language graduates can go into

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spahan17)
    As Snuffkin said the majority of graduate employers just want someone with a degree. These include those in business/marketing, accounting/finance, the Civil Service and charities to name a few areas. What helps secure a job is you is the skills you gained through not only your studies but work experience you gain too.

A law conversion degree might be a good idea if if a career in law is something you are sure you want to pursue, but not because you don't know what else to do.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.