Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What stationery is essential for keeping your notes organised?

and

How do I and the university track progress made when on placements?

Also open to midwifery or other healthcare course students

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dominae)

Thanks
    Most people go to class with just a notepad and a pen. Sometimes the lecturers will give you a PowerPoint in advance that you can print off but I never liked doing this as I find they change them again anyway!

For at home, lever arch files will suffice with separators for the different phases / semesters.

And while you're on placement universities issue a portfolio of some description to then log your progress and skills learnt while on placement that your mentor signs off along with you etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It is hard to resist rushing out and buying loads in all the excitement and anticipation of starting your course!

All I have bought so far were some ugly but appropriate and expensive shoes!
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Dominae)
    What stationery is essential for keeping your notes organised?

and

How do I and the university track progress made when on placements?

Also open to midwifery or other healthcare course students

Thanks
    I used an iPad rather than a notebook, just because so much of our stuff was online and I found it easier, but really, a notepad and pen will be fine.*I organised my stuff by semester at first, but after the exams, organised it by topic since that's more useful if you need to look over something.*

You will have some sort of folder given to you by the university with a long long list of competencies that your placement mentors will sign off. You will also be assessed by your mentor once or twice per placement. You will then need to hand these in to the uni. If you have a good mentor, feedback should be ongoing to check that you both are meeting each others expectations so you should always have a pretty good idea of where you are at and what you need to do to improve. *

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.