Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hi my son is going to be moving to the US in September for his placement year, how can he open an account in America for his wages and rent before he gets there? He's with Santander at the moment and they don't offer such an account. Thanks.

    He can't. The best method is to take his checkbook from his UK account with him to the US and once he opens a US account, write a check to himself and deposit it into his US account.

    Posted from TSR Mobile
What's the best type of cheese?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.