Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, so I got offers from both MMU and Salford for a computer science course. I'm a little confused as to which one I should choose, according to rankings, Salford is ranked lower than MMU but then ranks higher in the CompSci course. Of course, rankings aren't everything so I was wondering if I could get some advice on here as to which would be better overall, and really, overall, I think satisfaction counts just as much as the quality of the course since I am an international student who might not settle in right away, I'd rather be slightly more comfortable and happy with accomodation etc than be stuck somewhere awful.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Sadly, Salford isn't the nicest part of Manchester. Personally I would choose MMU just based on location. You are in the hub of student activity and a spit from the city centre and the main student areas of Manchester.
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByEeek)
    Sadly, Salford isn't the nicest part of Manchester. Personally I would choose MMU just based on location. You are in the hub of student activity and a spit from the city centre and the main student areas of Manchester.
    Good luck!
    Definitely, I've past by Salford a few times however I've heard some people on here saying that the campus and location isn't all bad. Although the MMU building is certainly impressive.

ReputationRep:
    Mmu cos Salfords a shithole innit
    Mans from London but mans been to Salford and its some bad ends, full of roadmen selling kush

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bsaid97)
    Definitely, I've past by Salford a few times however I've heard some people on here saying that the campus and location isn't all bad. Although the MMU building is certainly impressive.
    Its not bad at all. I was once a frequent visitor to Salford climbing wall and even applied there myself. I was pretty impressed and to be fair, it is about as far from town centre as MMU is. I just think south Manch is a bit nicer than the north. But each to their own. Whichever uni you go to, I am sure you will come out well academically. Certainly all the employers I have worked for don't pay much attention to league tables so don't worry too much.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.