Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm selling a C1 and M1 textbook combo on eBay and i specifically cancelled another auction because this one buyer messaged me and said they wanted to buy both c1 and m1 and so i said they could have them for £12 and that I'd put up another listing

i've now done this and they've sent me a message saying they've ordered it and that i should send it asap but they haven't paid for it or anything - it doesn't say anyone had bought the item ?

do i send it anyway as they sent me their details or wait till they actually pay - seems a bit odd tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    I'm selling a C1 and M1 textbook combo on eBay and i specifically cancelled another auction because this one buyer messaged me and said they wanted to buy both c1 and m1 and so i said they could have them for £12 and that I'd put up another listing

i've now done this and they've sent me a message saying they've ordered it and that i should send it asap but they haven't paid for it or anything - it doesn't say anyone had bought the item ?

do i send it anyway as they sent me their details or wait till they actually pay - seems a bit odd tbh
    Obviously dont send it until they have paid!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayaz789)
    Obviously dont send it until they have paid!
    yh but i am convinced they will pay cause they've been sending me bare messages and sent me their address and they've been on eBay since 2005 and have all positive ratings lol

ReputationRep:
    yh but i am convinced they will pay cause they've been sending me bare messages and sent me their address and they've been on eBay since 2005 and have all positive ratings lol
    That doesn't matter. Wait til it says they've paid and check with eBay to confirm payment before sending

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frizzy one)
    That doesn't matter. Wait til it says they've paid and check with eBay to confirm payment before sending
    ok thanks ... hopefully they will pay up. they said they want the books by friday yet they haven't paid for them -_-

ReputationRep:
    Just tell them they haven't paid and give them your Paypal address

ReputationRep:
    ok thanks ... hopefully they will pay up. they said they want the books by friday yet they haven't paid for them -_-
    Don't send them unless they've paid even if they want them by Friday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frizzy one)
    Don't send them unless they've paid even if they want them by Friday
    ok thanks for the advice ;d

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jackhaugh)
    Just tell them they haven't paid and give them your Paypal address
    I've said i will send it as soon as i get my payment... thing is they said they've ordered it but they haven't cause its still up for sale on buy it now... dunno if theyre lying

ReputationRep:
    It doesnt matter! Never send an item unless they have paid for nit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayaz789)
    It doesnt matter! Never send an item unless they have paid for nit
    thanks ayaz the eBay expert init
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I agree with what others have said. As a golden rule, always wait for buyers to pay before sending them., no matter what the buyer says. Otherwise they buyer will get their item for free, which in your case is what they are trying on you.

Wait until payment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spotify95)
    I agree with what others have said. As a golden rule, always wait for buyers to pay before sending them., no matter what the buyer says. Otherwise they buyer will get their item for free, which in your case is what they are trying on you.

Wait until payment.
    thanks I'm new to ebay so i guess thats why theyre trying to see if they can get away with it
    I'm quite annoyed as I've ended the other bid which had a few watchers cause i believed the new listing would get snatched up... should've waited till tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    I've changed the duration for the bid so it ends in 2 days and then if they don't buy it I'll just put separate listings up for the books

ReputationRep:
    I've said i will send it as soon as i get my payment... thing is they said they've ordered it but they haven't cause its still up for sale on buy it now... dunno if theyre lying
    Yeah they're lying. At work we sell thousands of items on eBay a year over 10 years and it's never showed that they haven't paid when they actually have.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jackhaugh)
    Yeah they're lying. At work we sell thousands of items on eBay a year over 10 years and it's never showed that they haven't paid when they actually have.
    they did pay in the end actually after I reminded them
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    they did pay in the end actually after I reminded them
    Good. never put yourself in a position where you dont at least have the goods or the cash. If they have a good rep then its a sign, they are more likely to follow through and they should understand perfectly well why you wont send goods without paument and what they need to do. Always be polite, but careful about people, Because not everyone is nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Good. never put yourself in a position where you dont at least have the goods or the cash. If they have a good rep then its a sign, they are more likely to follow through and they should understand perfectly well why you wont send goods without paument and what they need to do. Always be polite, but careful about people, Because not everyone is nice.
    thanks for the advice
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    You were actually considering sending it before they'd even paid you? Come on mate......

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.