Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone ever get with their best friend? watch

I have this female friend at university. We have become close friends. I've started to like her and it's been around a year we have been friends.*

We went out recently, a long walk in the country side and a picnic. She seemed to very happy to see me. At the end of the day she gave me a very strong hug, and put her face into mine. I know it's only a hug but it was different from the usual hug.*

I called her today, I tried to be flirty with her. I said how she looked pretty in skirts. Then I said that she has a good set of breasts. (Sounds bad but I have to let her know I see her more than a friend now). She said thanks.*

Later today she sent me 3 texts. I've been busy so not going to reply, but will call her soon. But they are like 15 mins apart each. *

So far it's going good right?*
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    I was honestly tempted to get with my best friend about a few years ago, but looking back at it, I'm glad we didn't. It could've heavily risked our friendship and I didn't want the risk.

OP, if I were you, I'd be extremely cautious.

ReputationRep:
    Getting with your best friend can work, but its very much hit or miss. Me and my bf were best friends before dating and it worked well for us but it easily might not have had as its a touchy circumstance to be in.

Don't do anything too over the top flirty or obvious. Try and suss out for longer if she might have feelings for you. If you find out that she does or you have a good indication that she does, its then up to you to debate whether its good enough to possibly ruin your friendship together if it mucks up. On the other hand, it could work though.

ReputationRep:
    Lol 'you've got a good set of breasts'

ReputationRep:
    'you've got a good set of breasts'

no, just no

ReputationRep:
    Maybe :innocent:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Mind if I use your line?: "you have a good set of breasts" :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    I got with my best friend! We have been together for nearly a year and a half and our relationship is going strong and is very stable and rarely argue. 😊 I wish you and your best friend the best of luck whether you get together or not 😊

ReputationRep:
    it worked out for me

I did.. now he's my boyfriend of 4 years.
    Mind you, the ride wasn't smooth to begin with. But I wouldn't have had it any other way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slee551)
    I got with my best friend! We have been together for nearly a year and a half and our relationship is going strong and is very stable and rarely argue. 😊 I wish you and your best friend the best of luck whether you get together or not 😊
    are you a girl or a guy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DropletInfection)
    are you a girl or a guy
    Girl

ReputationRep:
    I'd be cautious, but I can't see why you shouldn't give it a try.

ReputationRep:
    I'm WITH my best friend

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 15, 2016

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.