Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

TSRians... recommend some good beaches to visit over the summer! watch

ReputationRep:
    All i know is Brighton but which are some good beaches to visit in England (preferably the South, accessible from london) that are not completely overrun by tourists, of a medium to large size and relatively clean and pleasant?

reps for suggestions

ReputationRep:
    Worthing
    Bognor
    Lyme Regis
    Seaford

Isle of Wight has a few?

ReputationRep:
    Seatown beach in Dorset is clean and not too crowded. It's a pebbly beach though, so no sand castles haha! There are lots of fossils to be found as well if you like that sort of thing! Hive beach is also really nice, but might be a bit crowded on hot/nice days

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys which of these beaches are the largest/quite busy? dont want something thats completely quiet ahah

(Original post by shawn_o1)
    Worthing
    Bognor
    Lyme Regis
    Seaford

Isle of Wight has a few?
    (Original post by Leviathan1741)
    Seatown beach in Dorset is clean and not too crowded. It's a pebbly beach though, so no sand castles haha! There are lots of fossils to be found as well if you like that sort of thing! Hive beach is also really nice, but might be a bit crowded on hot/nice days

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcde3237)
    Thanks guys which of these beaches are the largest/quite busy? dont want something thats completely quiet ahah
    Hive beach is the larger of the two I suggested

ReputationRep:
    Hive beach is the larger of the two I suggested
    goodness, just looked on google maps and its a 3-4 hour drive :eek: I'd be travelling from london so it seems a bit far for a day trip, unless there are fast trains (train journey according to GM is 4 hours :/ )

ReputationRep:
    goodness, just looked on google maps and its a 3-4 hour drive :eek: I'd be travelling from london so it seems a bit far for a day trip, unless there are fast trains (train journey according to GM is 4 hours :/ )
    Well, you did just say 'the South' haha. I hope you find something closer!

ReputationRep:
    Well, you did just say 'the South' haha. I hope you find something closer!
    ahah edited the op !

ReputationRep:
    ahah edited the op !
    Good plan

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 12, 2016
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.