Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Sasha Limbu's Summer Bucket List :) Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys! :hello:This is my first time taking part in this Summer bucket List competition. All my mock exams this year are officially over! Btw: I am in year 10 doing the new number grade system for English and Math.
    English literature mock exam:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    7. I got the highest in the class. Woo!
    Maths:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    8. I got the highest in the class, possibly the 1st in the year group because I am in set 1. I am genuinely surprised because I thought I did so bad.
    History:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    A*. I am literally sooooo happy.:dancing2: Over the moon. This is the first time I have ever gotten A* in History.
    French:
    French listening and reading :
    Spoiler:
    Show
    A*
    French speaking and writing:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    A*. After second try, I got A for both speaking and writing the first time.
    Computing science:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Doing coursework (A453) right now. (exams from September )
    Economic:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    B, but I am satisfied. To be honest, I didn't study for economic because of I had my science GCSE exam- Physic exam on the same day.
    Science:
    I did my Additional science exams last month, getting my results in 25th August. I will probably be on holiday during that time, so I am going to make my cousin disguise as me and get my science result for me. (Muhahahah they will never know…)

This is my predicted grade

Biology:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Low or medium A . I am going to cry :bawling: if I get a B because I worked so hard.Chemistry:
    Chemistry:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    High A or A*.
    Physics:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Medium A.This is tricky to predict. My science teacher was saying the grade boundary will be low.
    Oh, I forget to mention my crash work is a strong A* so even if I get a B at worst scenario in biology, I am going to get an A or A* overall.

As you see from my grades (with the exception of economics,but it's alright because I know I didn't give it my 100% because at that time I also my science GCSE exams), I have work very hard this year so I deserve to just chill-lax during the long summer holiday. In addition, I am super excited for the long summer holiday because I am going back to visit Hong Kong and Nepal! But, I decide to participate with this summer bucket list competition to make sure I am productive and that I don’t just binge watch TV shows and sleep all day during my summer holiday.

Red-completed. Yellow- in process. Green- completed

1)Find work experience/ part time job.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Looking to work in Barbados,a local charity shop.
    2) Volunteering.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I filled in and sent an application to 2 volunteer centres and they both haven't replied yet.
    3) Read at least 3 books during the summer holiday.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I haven’t read a book for ages because of exams… Book 1: 1984 by George Orwell, Book 2: The Hitchhiker’s guide to galaxy, Book 3: The Book Thief.
    4) Video and sent the audition tape for blogging to the Student Room.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I told the professor I will send in my audition tape, but I still haven't started to video.
    5)Start a Youtube channel.

6) Getting my hair dye light brown
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I am getting it dye whilst in Nepal. I am definitely dying it light brown but I still haven’t decide whether to do it ombre with blond or light pink highlights.
    7)Go to a museum.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I want to go to the Natural History museum again!
    8)Go to ChinaTown.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I have never been to Chinatown my entire life…
    9) Code Python in Code Academy
    10)Exercise at least once a day.
    11)Learn to speak French,Korean ,Japanese, Spanish.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Use the apps Memrise and Duolingo.
    12)Watch French movies
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Watch La vie en rose, re-watch Amelie.
    13)Research Triple Science
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I am doing Triple science from September
    14)Buy makeup products (coloured contact lenses) shopping in Hong Kong.
    15)Meeting childhood freinds in Hong Kong.
    I
    16)Read books in the English exams.
    This adds to the list of books I have to read. 1) The Tempest by shakesheare, 2) The Christmas carol by Charles dickens, 3) DNA by Dennis Kelly.
    17) Make flashcards for history and economics.
    18) Draw!
    19) Help out my mum with housework and chores.

Thanks to anyone that has gotten this far. I hope this inspires you to do something productive during the summer holiday too!
    PS: I will start updating from 15th july, 2016. That’s when school officially ends and summer holiday starts.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  CYMERA_20160715_132230.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  473.0 KBName:  CYMERA_20160718_110001.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  124.4 KB

It's the end of school! Yay! Well, it's been a good year. I received a certificate and a photograph for my participation for debate mate, a certificate for Computer Science, and also a certificate for ICE award (It's an award for G&T exclusive to my school) which my Math and History teachers nominated me.
    Name:  CYMERA_20160715_132330.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  108.1 KB

20/07/15
    I got a call from the volunteer centre yesterday. I am going next Tuesday to check the place out. Also, I went to Barbados, the charity shop, The manager told me to start volunteering from September as there is no point of me starting to volunteer now because I am going to Hong Kong next Wednesday.

Tomorrow, I am going to the Natural History Museum with some of my best friends. I will upload some photos.
    On Friday, some of friends from UCL invited me to Piccadilly Circus. I am not sure if I should go because I have never been there and a part of me is scared of getting lost,but, whatever, it'll be an adventure.I might go to ChinaTown because it is nearby.

Also, I have been exercising for 5 days steak every morning and I have been on memrise to learn french 26 days steaks.

*signs* I feel like I have done nothing much so far because I have been completing the unexpected Maths,French and English homework. I might have set way too many goals.

I am going to start coding Python on Code Academy after updating this. I have completed 41% of the course. 59% left.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Name:  IMG_20160730_191002.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  159.8 KB30/07/16
    Sorry I haven't been posting for a long time. I am currently in Hong Kong and I met with 2 of my childhood best friends. I have watched the 2 french movies(Amelie and la vie en rose) and finished my french hw.
    However, I still have English hw and I have to mae flashcards for history and economics.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.