Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polthegael)
    Are you trying to upset me?!?

21 would be better than 18, I admit it.

Damn I should have looked into this more!

Dunno, I like 18 year olds

ReputationRep:
    Girton was actually my first choice (this possibly makes it worse!)... I hear Addenbrooks or whatever they call it is as far away in the other direction...
    unfortunately... that is correct -- http://www.cam.ac.uk/map/v3/drawmap.cgi?mp=region

Better get yourself a good bike

ReputationRep:
    I feel like I'm about to take a leap into the abyss!
    You have probably seen this... but you might want to have a look at this : http://www.bio.cam.ac.uk/sbs/facbiol...ks/medhbk.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MentallyIll)
    Dunno, I like 18 year olds
    Depends what you mean by that! I'm speaking intellectually

What age are you? Which college are you at/going to and which subject are you doin?

ReputationRep:
    Depends what you mean by that! I'm speaking intellectually

What age are you? Which college are you at/going to and which subject are you doin?
    Yes, it does depend on what I mean by that

23, Wolfson, Arch&Anth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louise_1988)
    unfortunately... that is correct -- http://www.cam.ac.uk/map/v3/drawmap.cgi?mp=region

Better get yourself a good bike
    Sod that, I'm bringing my wee Punto!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louise_1988)
    You have probably seen this... but you might want to have a look at this : http://www.bio.cam.ac.uk/sbs/facbiol...ks/medhbk.html
    I hadn't, but I have now, thanks

ReputationRep:
    I hadn't, but I have now, thanks
    To quote myself, I'm so lazy I even went into my BMAT without looking on web to see what the paper(s-I didn't even know that!) would be like!

ReputationRep:
    Trinity jumps up from 8th to 3rd. Well done Shiny! Now I can stop feeling guilty about not going to Emma. 2 places differnce is probably less than 1% difference in 1st and 2:1s so the whole thing is stupid anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Oh... I really had no idea whatsoever about it so I guess I developed silly prejudices based on the people in the mature student's prospectus last year... (to be more precise there was some old woman doing English in it and I said like "I don't want to go clubbing with her" to myself)

Ah well...

I'm off to Girton to do medicine and intend to become a psychiatrist.

What do you intend to do with your psychology degree?
    I'm torn between a career in clinical psych. and an academic/research institute career, working in public policy. One reason i'm unsure of clinical is that my experience of working with the mentally ill hasn't been an altogether pleasant experience. I'm not sure I really know what i'd be getting into by committing to clinical at this stage.

ReputationRep:
    I am going to Wolfson too. Everyone I met at interview was just 21.
    I admit, I didn't see anyone who looked any older than about 25. The tutors who interviewed me said that the average age is maybe a bit higher than 28 at the moment. Perhaps the upper age group don't live in college(?).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tractarian)
    I admit, I didn't see anyone who looked any older than about 25. The tutors who interviewed me said that the average age is maybe a bit higher than 28 at the moment. Perhaps the upper age group don't live in college(?).

That's funny, they said to me that the average age was below 27. Did you happen to be interviewed by Dr Whitehead? (seeing as she is the senior tutor and a prof of psychology).

ReputationRep:
    That's funny, they said to me that the average age was below 27. Did you happen to be interviewed by Dr Whitehead? (seeing as she is the senior tutor and a prof of psychology).
    Whitehead it was. And Nigel Kettley. They just told us what we wanted to hear, didn't they?

ReputationRep:
    Whitehead it was. And Nigel Kettley. They just told us what we wanted to hear, didn't they?

Whitehead was sooo frightening when I first saw her, but I was so shocked at how nice and relaxed she was (she really helped me out when the other interviewer was being mean to me).

ReputationRep:
    Whitehead was sooo frightening when I first saw her, but I was so shocked at how nice and relaxed she was (she really helped me out when the other interviewer was being mean to me).
    She was very friendly and would have played the good cop if the bad cop could have got a word in edgeways (my tactic during interview was to just keep talking).

ReputationRep:
    She was very friendly and would have played the good cop if the bad cop could have got a word in edgeways (my tactic during interview was to just keep talking).

She used to be quite a sporty young lady you know.

ReputationRep:
    She used to be quite a sporty young lady you know.
    I remember something about something energetic.

ReputationRep:
    I remember something about something energetic.

Yes. She was captain of her univesity badminton team I beleive.

Have you seen the accommodation yet?

ReputationRep:
    Yes. She was captain of her univesity badminton team I beleive.

Have you seen the accommodation yet?
    Yes, had a tour from the Head Porter. Given the choice i'd probably go for ensuite, but the funding issue is getting a bit desperate so i can't confirm the place yet. Apparently, the rooms have been being allocated for a while now. Have you sorted it out yet? (I realise this is all way off thread, but we've already ascertained the uselessness of the Tompkins Table).

ReputationRep:
    Yes, had a tour from the Head Porter. Given the choice i'd probably go for ensuite, but the funding issue is getting a bit desperate so i can't confirm the place yet. Apparently, the rooms have been being allocated for a while now. Have you sorted it out yet? (I realise this is all way off thread, but we've already ascertained the uselessness of the Tompkins Table).

Hey, I havent sorted it out yet! and now you have me worried. I am going to call them right away.
    I havent handed in my pn1 yet cos I need my passport as I am travelling next week. I plan to go to my lea this week and let them photocopy it. Do you think I am too late to get an ensuite? :eek:

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.