Turn on thread page Beta
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Order! Questions to the Prime Minister!

PMQs is an opportunity for members to put questions to the TSR Prime Minister, the Rt Hon. Life_peer MP, who will answer your questions over the course of two days.

The Leader of the Opposition, the Rt Hon. RayApparently MP, may ask two questions, with a follow-up question for each. MPs may ask one question, with one follow-up. Ordinary users may ask one question with no follow-ups. I will intervene if members do not respect these rules.

Please keep the joke questions to a minimum.

ReputationRep:
    Can I ask the Prime Minister for his views on the current situation in Zimbabwe?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Question number 1 Mr Speaker

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can I call on the Prime Minister to condemn the what is frankly nothing less than a horrific attack on transgender people, with more and more people identifying as transgender, presented in Nigel's bill, and if not how do you feel able to represent this incredibly discriminated against yet growing minority?

ReputationRep:
    What are the right honourable Prime Minister's views on the replacement of Trident?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    Can I ask the Prime Minister for his views on the current situation in Zimbabwe?
    I wasn't aware of any situation before you asked so it's fair to say I don't really care, to be honest. They need to deal with their issues on their own, just like we need to deal with ours. It seems to be an unfortunate case of oppressive dictatorship that is likely damaging the country but the international politics involving Africa is far too opaque for me to be able to form an informed opinion, hence I consider it a waste of time.

(Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Question number 1 Mr Speaker

Posted from TSR Mobile
    [Generic response]

(Original post by Kay_Winters)
    Can I call on the Prime Minister to condemn the what is frankly nothing less than a horrific attack on transgender people, with more and more people identifying as transgender, presented in Nigel's bill, and if not how do you feel able to represent this incredibly discriminated against yet growing minority?
    I'm not going to condemn anything. We've had practically the same exact debate far too many times in the past five years and it's lead to nothing but conflict, pseudoscientific nonsense presented as facts, and no shift in anyone's beliefs. I do not consider this topic worthy of my time when it's discussed on TSR and hence I've been avoiding the debate.

(Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    What are the right honourable Prime Minister's views on the replacement of Trident?
    My position is in line with the official policy of our party. The nuclear deterrent is essential and we should seek to replace the existing submarines with a cost-efficient solution fulfilling the same purpose.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Mr Speaker,

Does the Minister Prime believe that if there are troubles in Zimbabwe this would be a prime opportunity to reinstate the colony of Southern Rhodesia?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I ask the Prime Minister to join me in condemning the horrific attacks which took place recently in Dallas.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Mr Speaker, I'd like to commend the Prime Minister for heeding my calls for a session PMQs so soon after exit polls indicated his party - a supposed great party of state - came third in the recent by election, losing to their very own coalition partners. For all his flaws as a political leader, he is a gutsy and amicable fellow.

Could the Prime Minister enlighten the House as to whether he is worried that his mandate will be in anyway damaged (or smashed into tiny pieces) by the by election result that we are currently awaiting? Or does he find solace in the fact that on a joint government ticket the electorate may well have voted for his preferred candidate?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Mr Speaker,

Does the Minister Prime believe that if there are troubles in Zimbabwe this would be a prime opportunity to reinstate the colony of Southern Rhodesia?
    I like your thinking, Mr. Defence Secretary. Make the necessary arrangements.

(Original post by EricAteYou)
    I ask the Prime Minister to join me in condemning the horrific attacks which took place recently in Dallas.
    Aye, I'll happily join you. I also condemn the so-called “Black Lives Matter” movement and their racist celebration of the attack. The US government and particularly the presidential candidate female-Clinton should think twice before they show any further support for this antisocial and now almost terrorist group of black racists and beta white cucks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    | Reserved. |
    Why bother? No one's going to rep you anyway. :awesome:
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    What does the prime minister believe the point of PMQ's is on TSR, if indeed he belives there is one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    What does the prime minister believe the point of PMQ's is on TSR, if indeed he belives there is one.
    For members of the government, it's an opportunity to present government policy in the context of current issues. For the opposition, it's a chance to ask questions that aim to demonstrate that the government is inept. Some may simply be interested in the PM's personal opinion.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    Mr Speaker,

Should the Gender, Sex and Discrimination bill go to Division in its current form, will the Prime Minister join me and his Government colleagues in the Liberal Party on the Nay side of the division lobby?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    Mr Speaker,

Should the Gender, Sex and Discrimination bill go to Division in its current form, will the Prime Minister join me and his Government colleagues in the Liberal Party on the Nay side of the division lobby?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Probably not, since it's doomed to fail. If it does, I'll abstain and my colleagues will be free to vote as they please.

The bill could have been a sensible piece of legislation against ridiculous ‘non-binary’ genders, LGBT promotion using public funds, draconian laws to force business owners into relationships they don't want to enter through legislation rather than free market, the teaching of pseudoscientific gender ******** in schools, and other detrimental modern trends based on toxic gender ideology, however it unfortunately includes parts that are rendering it useless and over the line (DNA tests, acceptable titles that aren't exhaustive, unisex toilets, some implementation details, and such). If Nigel Farage MEP backs down on these, I shall support the bill.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Mr Speaker,

I would like to ask the Prime Minister whether he thinks Trident is worth the billions of pounds that are currently being invested in it and the billions more that May will invest in the future?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    Mr Speaker,

I would like to ask the Prime Minister whether he thinks Trident is worth the billions of pounds that are currently being invested in it and the billions more that May will invest in the future?
    I have no idea about how much nuclear weapons really cost and what would therefore be a reasonable expense to produce the same effect. If that's what it costs to have an effective nuclear deterrent, then yes, I believe it's well worth the money.

As far as I know, only one of the current four submarines is always hidden and ready to launch while one is undergoing maintenance and the other two are doing some training manoeuvres, and they swap places/assignments periodically. If we could reduce their number to three without sacrificing efficiency, I would gladly support it, however I'd say the people IRL have it already figured out to minimise the cost as much as possible.

ReputationRep:
    Does the Prime Minister Life_peer wish to fight "against the burning injustice that if you’re born poor you will die on average nine years earlier than others"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cBay)
    Does the Prime Minister Life_peer wish to fight "against the burning injustice that if you’re born poor you will die on average nine years earlier than others"?
    No, I'm sure they wouldn't want to endure their misery for nine more years.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Now seriously, May's speech was full of populist baloney and I'd like to see her sources before making further comments.

ReputationRep:
    Mr Speaker,

Has the Prime Minister read any good non-fiction lately?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 15, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.