What to wear/bring to Canada Watch

pippabethan
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm going to Toronto, Ottowa, and to a lake-side villa as well (can't remember which lake).
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What time of year? If it's summer it'll be warm-ish so summer clothes plus some jeans, waterproofs and a light jacket if it's gets cold or wet. Winter then winter stuff (and lots of it!). Maybe consider doing some winter shopping there. Do some research about what temperatures will be like when you're going.
pippabethan
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by alleycat393)
What time of year? If it's summer it'll be warm-ish so summer clothes plus some jeans, waterproofs and a light jacket if it's gets cold or wet. Winter then winter stuff (and lots of it!). Maybe consider doing some winter shopping there. Do some research about what temperatures will be like when you're going.
I'm going in a few weeks' time. Do you think I'd need to bring a warm jumper just in case? I also burn easily in the sun, so would I need long sleeved shirts/trousers??
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Check the weather and plan accordingly.
Legal_eagle2012
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I just got back from Canada a few weeks ago, and it was pretty warm out there! I would suggest light clothes for during the day, and maybe something a little warmer for the evening (the temperatures would drop slightly).

Have an amazing time: I'm very jealous and would love to go back sometime soon!
nexttime
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
This time of year it'll be pretty hot. But its always good to take at least one warmer/waterproof layer, even if its just for the plane or when you get home.

edit: Don't forget you in theory need a visa now to visit Canada, albeit a very quick and cheap online one.
Turquaz
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Don't worry about bringing winter clothing with you at this time of the year. Be prepared for random showers but that's it. It's been pretty hot here lately.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 2 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (425)
18.67%
The paper was reasonable (1076)
47.28%
Not feeling great about that exam... (505)
22.19%
It was TERRIBLE (270)
11.86%

Watched Threads