Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Summer Bucket List (TRAVEL) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    This summer I really want to travel and socialize more.
    I want to travel internationally and nationally; particularly nationally as I have not seen many places in the UK with living so far south.

♥Exeter Uni Open day - 4th June ✓
    I thought Exeter Uni had a stunning campus! And also, in Exeter I had my first ever Nandos! Bonus!

♥13th June - 17th June - NYC ✓
    NYC was insane, I'm use to living nearby beaches and in a very rural area in the UK (Cornwall) whereas NYC is completely different. This was my second time in the States, and I learnt a lot about finance, business and culture. It was eye opening to be exposed to the different industries and the opportunities that I have to go and work in the future. I stayed in a hostel, in the most tiniest room ever, in a great location where a 24 hour pharmacy was located where I would sneak out for snacks at 2-3AM - due to jetlag! I felt safe walking around NYC alone, in my pajamas in the middle of the night! That's what I loved!
    http://imgur.com/a/G4q7z

♥22nd June - 25th June - "3 cities 3 days" - Sheffield, Birmingham and Brighton ✓
    I went and saw university open days with a friend in which was eventful. We begun traveling from Cornwall -> Sheffield at 1:30PM however, arrived at our hotel in Sheffield at 10:30PM due to breaking down on the M4 near Chesterfield (which I believe is nearby Nottingham)! This was disastrous because we needed the car in order to get us to Birmingham the following day!! Coincidentally, the RAC guy knew someone who had their own garage and was able to fix it the next day; which was a huge relief! Sheffield itself was a nice town, in which the university was so modern however was juxtaposed by the medieval town. I loved how there was trams!! Birmingham was rather exciting, as it was my first time going into the Bull Ring! I loved the Bull Ring, shame we didn't have much time to look around, because we had to be in Brighton! Brighton was beautiful, we saw the old and the new pier and it was overwhelming how big Brighton actually is! I loved the university we visited (University of Sussex) as the campus was amazing, it had lots of amenities however the accommodation was a little bit of a let down.
    http://imgur.com/a/kQTgX (Sorry for the quality, these images were taken with a mobile phone!)

♥17th July - 31st July - Dublin, Ireland (In the process of packing! )
    I will be jetting off to the city of Dublin on Sunday evening in order to undertake an internship for two weeks. I am super excited yet nervous at the same time! I'm already beginning packing

Education wise...
    ♥Read "How to be a woman" by Caitlin Moran for A2 Lang/Lit (I will bring this to Ireland and read in my spare time whilst traveling..etc)
    ♥Write my personal statement (In progress)
    ♥Get my stationary all neat and tidy
    ♥Get my paper work tidy and put the unwanted/useless paper in the trash
    ♥Have some idea what my 5 choices for university are for 2017 entry
    ♥Collect AS results (eeek...)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caver)
    This summer I really want to travel and socialize more.
    I want to travel internationally and nationally; particularly nationally as I have not seen many places in the UK with living so far south.

♥13th June - 17th June - NYC ✓
    NYC was insane, I'm use to living nearby beaches and in a very rural area in the UK (Cornwall) whereas NYC is completely different. This was my second time in the States, and I learnt a lot about finance, business and culture. It was eye opening to be exposed to the different industries and the opportunities that I have to go and work in the future. I stayed in a hostel, in the most tiniest room ever, in a great location where a 24 hour pharmacy was located where I would sneak out for snacks at 2-3AM - due to jetlag! I felt safe walking around NYC alone, in my pajamas in the middle of the night! That's what I loved!
    http://imgur.com/a/G4q7z

♥22nd June - 25th June - "3 cities 3 days" - Sheffield, Birmingham and Brighton ✓
    I went and saw university open days with a friend in which was eventful. We begun traveling from Cornwall -> Sheffield at 1:30PM however, arrived at our hotel in Sheffield at 10:30PM due to breaking down on the M4 near Chesterfield (which I believe is nearby Nottingham)! This was disastrous because we needed the car in order to get us to Birmingham the following day!! Coincidentally, the RAC guy knew someone who had their own garage and was able to fix it the next day; which was a huge relief! Sheffield itself was a nice town, in which the university was so modern however was juxtaposed by the medieval town. I loved how there was trams!! Birmingham was rather exciting, as it was my first time going into the Bull Ring! I loved the Bull Ring, shame we didn't have much time to look around, because we had to be in Brighton! Brighton was beautiful, we saw the old and the new pier and it was overwhelming how big Brighton actually is! I loved the university we visited (University of Sussex) as the campus was amazing, it had lots of amenities however the accommodation was a little bit of a let down.
    http://imgur.com/a/kQTgX (Sorry for the quality, these images were taken with a mobile phone!)

♥17th July - 31st July - Dublin, Ireland
    I will be jetting off to the city of Dublin on Sunday evening in order to undertake an internship for two weeks. I am super excited yet nervous at the same time! I'm already beginning packing

Education wise...
    ♥Read "How to be a woman" by Caitlin Moran for A2 Lang/Lit (I will bring this to Ireland and read in my spare time whilst traveling..etc)
    ♥Write my personal statement (In progress)
    ♥Get my stationary all neat and tidy
    ♥Get my paper work tidy and put the unwanted/useless paper in the trash
    ♥Have some idea what my 5 choices for university are for 2017 entry
    Wowwww you've done soooo much travelling already I'm so jealous! Isn't it expensive to go to all these places? x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LiiHyde)
    Wowwww you've done soooo much travelling already I'm so jealous! Isn't it expensive to go to all these places? x
    I must admit, it's distraught my bank account but payday is this Friday!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caver)
    I must admit, it's distraught my bank account but payday is this Friday!
    haha It's a good way to spend it if you ask me :gthumb:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LiiHyde)
    haha It's a good way to spend it if you ask me :gthumb:
    Oh definitely, without doubt!

ReputationRep:
    Update: Before work I wrote some of my personal statement and packed some bits for Ireland. I have the day off work tomorrow so I shall read the beginning of How to be a woman

ReputationRep:
    this looks awesome! i have also recently been to New York! in my opinion, it was interesting to see the comparison between the people in wealthy areas like battery park and the upper east side to the poorer, homeless people who would take drugs out in the public, having absolutely nothing and no meaning to their life.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ?Hannah)
    this looks awesome! i have also recently been to New York! in my opinion, it was interesting to see the comparison between the people in wealthy areas like battery park and the upper east side to the poorer, homeless people who would take drugs out in the public, having absolutely nothing and no meaning to their life.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, stereo typically it's unexpected from such a "wealthy" country, the big gap between wealthy and people in poverty

Update: I have had such a good sleep (well needed) and chilled out watching youtube and did a mini facial! And I packed for Ireland! Yaaay
    Name:  13704289_1566135350356067_859386810_n(1).jpg
Views: 38
Size:  118.7 KB
    Attachment 561522561524
    Attached Images

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.