Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Was this lady rude or what? Watch

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I called H&M customer service to ask about outstanding balances, and she was like yes you have £70 that needs to be paid. I said ok can i pay now in which she replied yes of course. so i told her to wait while i get my bank details and she said that i need to go to the bank and pay there. i asked ''cant i pay over the phone? like every other services out there?'' and she gave me a blunt sarcastic reply ''no im not the bank so you cant''
    RUDE

is it just HM who cant accept payments over the phone ? i thought businesses take payment anywhere as money is everything to a business? they'll probably take payment from the sahara desert, they can probably crawl all the way to my house to take money, or dig up my grave for a payment. this is a first :coma:
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    She was a bit rude. She might not have had the faciliyu to take payments. You should have had your bank details to hand. Noy really worth bothering about. I bet if you ring them up again they could put you through to a department which could take payment.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think she was rude.

ReputationRep:
    Who's H&M, I'm too lazy too google.
    Doesn't sound like she was being rude though.

If I had my own business, I wouldn't accept payments over the phone, it's too much hassle.

Also

Spoiler:
    Show

rude

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    I called H&M customer service to ask about outstanding balances, and she was like yes you have £70 that needs to be paid. I said ok can i pay now in which she replied yes of course. so i told her to wait while i get my bank details and she said that i need to go to the bank and pay there. i asked ''cant i pay over the phone? like every other services out there?'' and she gave me a blunt sarcastic reply ''no im not the bank so you cant''
    RUDE

is it just HM who cant accept payments over the phone ? i thought businesses take payment anywhere as money is everything to a business? they'll probably take payment from the sahara desert, they can probably crawl all the way to my house to take money, or dig up my grave for a payment. this is a first :coma:
    Should have told her that the customer os always right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperHuman98)
    Should have told her that the customer os always right.
    But they're not always right...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    lol if she has that hidden tsr account and finds you
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :teehee:

(Original post by 34908seikj)
    Who's H&M, I'm too lazy too google.
    Doesn't sound like she was being rude though.
    You don't even have to google H&M to know what it is! Do you live somewhere rural?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pens&Papers)
    You don't even have to google H&M to know what it is! Do you live somewhere rural?
    If my room counts as rural, then yes. So, what is it?

ReputationRep:
    I think that her comment was unnecessarily rude. She could have explained to you their policy on telephone payments, rather than using sarcasm - for a bank, surely she should have acted more professionally?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Impressive)
    If I had my own business, I wouldn't accept payments over the phone, it's too much hassle.

Also
    Spoiler:
    Show

rude

Posted from TSR Mobile
    money is worth the hassle tbh

ReputationRep:
    We do over the phone payments at work and you'd be surprised about the regulations you need to meet. (separate machines on a different network.)
    You wouldn't be able to do it through customer services most likely, the most she would have been able to do was put you through to an accounts team who would probably be pissed off trying to find your invoices on the spot.
    However, I'd be surprised if HM have many customers racking up payments like that so they might not bother with going through all the ball ache and regulations of having a phone payment team.
    She sounds a little rude, however if you started going off on them, I can see why she said it.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    lol if she has that hidden tsr account and finds you
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :teehee:
    she'll probably make a counter thread like ''working in retail is BS''
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    she'll probably make a counter thread like ''working in retail is BS''
    :toofunny:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :holmes:
    there would be a war of TSR threads
    u would win m8
    I am sure of it :yep:

ReputationRep:
    You people are so sensitive :teehee:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.