Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What do I put on my CV? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So, I've decided to start applying for summer jobs however I'm struggling with what to put on my CV as I've just left school (I'm 16) and completed my GCSE's yet not received the results for them. I have however completed one GCSE which is my actual grade so how would I write that separately to the rest which are just my predicted grades?

ReputationRep:
    Look online at CV layouts. Explain that you're a school leaver and it's fine to say in brackets which grades are predicted. Have you got any work experience ? If so state this in your CV and what you gained from it. Make sure to keep everything concise and use a few bullet points.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by f-iftikhar16)
    So, I've decided to start applying for summer jobs however I'm struggling with what to put on my CV as I've just left school (I'm 16) and completed my GCSE's yet not received the results for them. I have however completed one GCSE which is my actual grade so how would I write that separately to the rest which are just my predicted grades?
    I would stick predicted in brackets for the ones that aren't your confirmed ones or just stick to put your 1 gcse down and put that you are currently studying all the others.

ReputationRep:
    I just did this, also awaiting GCSE results.
    Make sure you put your name, email phone number at the top.
    Put your secondary school and how long you attended predicted grades and write that you're awaiting results. Put your existing GCSE first on its on. If you're going to college write it's name and what a levels you're doing.
    Then put skills such as public speaking, debate, people skills, etc. Anything you think would make you a good candidate. If you like French or something write you're a good linguist etc, anything to make it stand out. If you've done DOFE say so.
    Then put work experience/employment even if it's just a paper round or something.
    Put volunteering, if you've done any. If you've done DOFE you've also volunteered so write this and a bit about what this entailed. You could write anything like if you've helped out in a school play or something idk.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladymusiclover)
    Look online at CV layouts. Explain that you're a school leaver and it's fine to say in brackets which grades are predicted. Have you got any work experience ? If so state this in your CV and what you gained from it. Make sure to keep everything concise and use a few bullet points.
    ahh thank you for your help, I will make sure to do so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    I would stick predicted in brackets for the ones that aren't your confirmed ones or just stick to put your 1 gcse down and put that you are currently studying all the others.
    Thank you!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by perspectives)
    I just did this, also awaiting GCSE results.
    Make sure you put your name, email phone number at the top.
    Put your secondary school and how long you attended predicted grades and write that you're awaiting results. Put your existing GCSE first on its on. If you're going to college write it's name and what a levels you're doing.
    Then put skills such as public speaking, debate, people skills, etc. Anything you think would make you a good candidate. If you like French or something write you're a good linguist etc, anything to make it stand out. If you've done DOFE say so.
    Then put work experience/employment even if it's just a paper round or something.
    Put volunteering, if you've done any. If you've done DOFE you've also volunteered so write this and a bit about what this entailed. You could write anything like if you've helped out in a school play or something idk.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    thank you so much

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.