Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    Do you think you can send it this way too? :rolleyes:
    As soon as I get it off my friend, yeah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    so you're not prepared to sleep with the guy in order to succeed in the glamourous world of modelling?
    Now let me think about that... um... no

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slowjamz)
    how can you hope to be succesfull then?

ReputationRep:
    I had a kind of similar experience, but it wasn't to do with modelling. This guy came up to me and my friend when were out shopping asking us what kind of music we liked so we told him. And he was like "oh yeah if you come back to my office with me I can get you lots of bootleg cd's and stuff" ... he was well dodgy. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kieshaxxx)
    I had a kind of similar experience, but it wasn't to do with modelling. This guy came up to me and my friend when were out shopping asking us what kind of music we liked so we told him. And he was like "oh yeah if you come back to my office with me I can get you lots of bootleg cd's and stuff" ... he was well dodgy. :rolleyes:

Piccccccccccccccture picccccccccccccccccccture picccccccccccccture!!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the advice guys I'm thinking I'll probably see him, but somewhere public and with my boyfriend in tow! I know it's unlikely to be anything major, but hopefully I have nothing to lose.

Anyone with modelling experience got any sensible questions I can ask him when I speak to him?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the advice guys I'm thinking I'll probably see him, but somewhere public and with my boyfriend in tow! I know it's unlikely to be anything major, but hopefully I have nothing to lose.

Anyone with modelling experience got any sensible questions I can ask him when I speak to him?
    My sister was approached when she worked in a shop when she was 21. And this guy wanted to take pictures of her that he could use for his work. She took a friend with her as she was unsure. But she has been in magazines and on the cover of books. So if you want to go for it then do. But take your boyfriend with you .

ReputationRep:
    Quiz him about being with the official association of models- I don't know what the name is in the UK

Find out when he is going to start paying you- loads of ppl got suckered last yr for catwalk and still haven't been paid

For you portofolio U SHOULD NOT BE CHARGED!
    Also if you don't like the photographer just get up and leave...

Check his details (or company details) with the list of registered modelling agencies...

If your interested in seriously modelling be warned *****y world and try storm, models 1, elite all very good agencies!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Shines_)

Find out when he is going to start paying you- loads of ppl got suckered last yr for catwalk and still haven't been paid

For you portofolio U SHOULD NOT BE CHARGED!
    Also if you don't like the photographer just get up and leave...

Check his details (or company details) with the list of registered modelling agencies...

If your interested in seriously modelling be warned *****y world and try storm, models 1, elite all very good agencies!
    that's quite a good piece of advice but those agencies you gave are slightly tough to get into.
    I've heard so many con stories about girls paying huge sums to get their portfolio done and never doing any model work...

ReputationRep:
    I have the solution Slowjamz! Put your name in www.jobpredictor.com and see if it says you should be a model. If not, don't bother!

(Original post by Job Predictor)
    Matt, Your ideal Job is a Nun.
    Lucky me hehe!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    I have the solution Slowjamz! Put your name in www.jobpredictor.com and see if it says you should be a model. If not, don't bother!
    Hehehe, thanks Gimp! It told me "Your ideal job is a superhero!" Time to stick all other career plans on the shelf, I'm sorted
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Gimp)

Lucky me hehe!
    hehehe - I'm going to be a puppetteer :cool:

Yay! I got pole dancer!

ReputationRep:
    Superhero! I'm jealous me stuck in a convent in Calcutta or something.

And Puppets are scary PQ stay away!

Oh and my dog is going to be a dog walker....o_O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)

Lucky me hehe!
    Thanks!

Gregory, Your ideal job is a Emperor of all the world.

better than this:

Greg, Your ideal job is a Cowboy

ReputationRep:
    i gt nursery teacher :eek: i hate little kids
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Gimp)
    Superhero! I'm jealous me stuck in a convent in Calcutta or something.

And Puppets are scary PQ stay away!
    If I use my middle name I'm a funeral director - marginally less scary than a punch and judy person....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Oh and my dog is going to be a dog walker....o_O
    LOL, it worries me I'm not the only person who put my dog's name in there! (He's going to be a stunt person by the way!) My boyfriend is also going to be a stripper and (my personal favourite) my **** of an ex-boyfriend is going to be a garden gnome

I feel this thread slowly slipping away from me...

ReputationRep:
    guess i should scrap my plans of doing medicine at cambridge:

visesh, Your ideal job is a Sewage Worker.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.