Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to get a flatter stomach in a week Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    In a weeks time I am going to begin a two week sailing course which means I am
    going to have to wear a wetsuit-which isn't the most flattering item of clothing.
    Although I am an average weight for my height I carry most of tha weight on my
    stomach therefore I was wondering if any of you have any tips for how to get a flatter stomach quickly?

ReputationRep:
    Do HIIT workouts. They aim to lose fat quick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laura/)
    Hi,
    In a weeks time I am going to begin a two week sailing course which means I am
    going to have to wear a wet suit-which isn't the most flattering item of clothing.
    Although I am an average weight for my height I carry most of tha weight on my
    stomach therefore I was wondering if any of you have any tips for how to get a flatter stomach quickly?
    Hi, I'm trying to get a flatter stomach as well and so far, it's going really well. I am definitely losing weight on the weighing scale and I can tell with my clothes however, this reflects on what I do each day.
    I have been eating very healthy as in whole, unprocessed foods, mostly vegetables and fruit, and I have been exercising everyday for about 30 minute. What I would say is do some crunches and sit ups because this really helps the stomach and the core. Also, you should do the plank everyday, this will also increase your core strength.
    This is just a suggestion and everyone might not want to do these things but I just thought that i'd share it with you.

ReputationRep:
    i feel for u. I wanna pull of a two piece bikini too
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    There are no quick fixes I'm afraid

ReputationRep:
    You don't.

ReputationRep:
    running helps, I also take dancing class that's pretty good exercise

ReputationRep:
    I'm afraid that nothing notable will happen in a week. If you want a flatter stomach, then weight loss is the only real way, and several years of mild dieting, or a whole year of heavy dieting, is the only way to realistically achieve that.

Contrary to popular belief intensive exercise is NOT an effective means of dieting. It does, however, have many health benefits.

ReputationRep:
    Blast away fat with intensive exercise and then tone up the muscle.

A week is a long shot I'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing will happen in that amount of time. Spot reduction is a myth.

ReputationRep:
    My Dad a major diet expert and he says if you hold your stomach in while eating, you lose 15 pounds in 3 days.

ReputationRep:
    Although I agree that you can't lose fat in a week, I do think that females can have vast variations in stomach size thanks to bloating etc so there are things you can do this week to reduce that- avoiding any food you know will aggravate your stomach (for me personally that tends to be dairy and red meat, it may be carbs for others). Eating lots of fibre so you're not backed up will also help. Drinking water and watching your sodium will reduce water retention. Then there's also hormonal factors, for example I get really bloated when I'm on my period.

For me personally, there's a huge difference in my stomach the morning after a meal with lots of fibre and lean protein, as opposed to when I've eaten a greasy, fatty, salty meal, so avoiding those foods this week can definitely make a bit of a difference.

ReputationRep:
    HIIT

ReputationRep:
    you're not going to change your body in that time but you could reduce bloating by cutting salty/fatty foods, not drinking fizzy drinks or alcohol and having a lot of water/fibre
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Even if you were to go on a very aggressive diet, take thyroid drugs and all sorts of illegal but potent fat burners - you're still not going to notice anything in just one week.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.