Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've sold some textbooks on eBay and I thought it would be nice to send a chocolate bar with the books just cause it would be so unexpected and I'm just feeling really generous... Is this a good idea ?

The person I'm selling it too has been really nice and we've had banter over eBay messages so I think they deserve a chocolate gift

UPDATE !
    13th July - I have sent two parcels in the post with a thank you post it note and a chocolate bar with each one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    I've sold some textbooks on eBay and I thought it would be nice to send a chocolate bar with the books just cause it would be so unexpected and I'm just feeling really generous... Is this a good idea ?

The person I'm selling it too has been really nice and we've had banter over eBay messages so I think they deserve a chocolate gift
    lol if you're not
    1. as broke as me
    or
    2. as stingy as me
    then im sure its fine

ReputationRep:
    Why not? I'd like someone to send me chocolate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by animeamanda1412)
    lol if you're not
    1. as broke as me
    or
    2. as stingy as me
    then im sure its fine
    I'm typically a really tight person concerning money but I just think everyone now and again I should be more generous

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goaded)
    Why not? I'd like someone to send me chocolate
    I don't want them thinking it's weird haha

ReputationRep:
    I don't want them thinking it's weird haha
    So what if they do? I assume you won't bump into them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goaded)
    So what if they do? I assume you won't bump into them
    True - I think I'll leave a note as well so It doesn't look like I've accidentally wrapped it up as well

ReputationRep:
    yes omg it'd make my day if that happened. Although they might think you're trying to poison them or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by perspectives)
    yes omg it'd make my day if that happened. Although they might think you're trying to poison them or something?
    We've had banter over the eBay messages and I think he quite likes me lol - is eBay flirting a thing but Yh hopefully he doesn't think that ... Would it be weird if I slipped him my number as well or

ReputationRep:
    We've had banter over the eBay messages and I think he quite likes me lol - is eBay flirting a thing but Yh hopefully he doesn't think that ... Would it be weird if I slipped him my number as well or
    haha yes omg do it! That'd be a hilarious how we met story, please invite me to your wedding

ReputationRep:
    haha yes omg do it! That'd be a hilarious how we met story, please invite me to your wedding
    Yh screw it I'm gonna give the chocolate bar and then write a lovely note about how I have enjoyed out bamter and that if he needs help with maths then to hit me up on the what's app and I'll put my number there - who knows he might actually text me haha

ReputationRep:
    Yh screw it I'm gonna give the chocolate bar and then write a lovely note about how I have enjoyed out bamter and that if he needs help with maths then to hit me up on the what's app and I'll put my number there - who knows he might actually text me haha
    this sounds like the start of a beautiful friendship.
    keep me posted!

ReputationRep:

Would be nice if you send me organic, gluten free, fat free chocolate xD

ReputationRep:
    this sounds like the start of a beautiful friendship.
    keep me posted!
    Thanks and I will post an update here for sure haha

ReputationRep:
    that's a lovely idea I wish I was buying the textbooks off you!

chocolate + a handwritten note would really make someone's day!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ordo)
    Would be nice if you send me organic, gluten free, fat free chocolate xD
    Haha you're getting an aero mate ; that's it. You purchase the item and I choose the chocolate, but if you're a regular customer then we might be able to come to some sort of arrangement surrounding your chocolate needs.

Thanks,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    that's a lovely idea I wish I was buying the textbooks off you!

chocolate + a handwritten note would really make someone's day!
    Ahhh well if you know someone who wants a C3 textbook then send them my way haha ; and Yh hopefully they will like the note and chocolate cause it's so out of the blue. I think I'll go for a chocolate aero bar cause everyone loves them
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Awwww :lol:

That's what I call good customer service.

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh well if you know someone who wants a C3 textbook then send them my way haha ; and Yh hopefully they will like the note and chocolate cause it's so out of the blue. I think I'll go for a chocolate aero bar cause everyone loves them
    aero or wispa

they're both my favourite!

ReputationRep:
    Haha you're getting an aero mate ; that's it. You purchase the item and I choose the chocolate, but if you're a regular customer then we might be able to come to some sort of arrangement surrounding your chocolate needs. Thanks,
    I was jk xD
    I think its so nice you send chocolate

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.