The Student Room Group

Worried that my boyfriend smokes too much

I'm worried that my boyfriend is going to get ill from smoking too much. He smokes 10 or so a day and allthough I wouldn't mind him having 1-2 **** a day, as it isn't really going to do anything in the long term imo, I'm worried about the concequences of him smoking so much. I've tried to help him to quit, and he has managed it briefly in the past but his dad is a heavy smoker and a couple of his freinds smoke which doesn't make it easy for him! What can I do?
Original post by katiej76
I'm worried that my boyfriend is going to get ill from smoking too much. He smokes 10 or so a day and allthough I wouldn't mind him having 1-2 **** a day, as it isn't really going to do anything in the long term imo, I'm worried about the concequences of him smoking so much. I've tried to help him to quit, and he has managed it briefly in the past but his dad is a heavy smoker and a couple of his freinds smoke which doesn't make it easy for him! What can I do?

Hi there

I'm sorry to hear of your situation concerning your boyfriend's habit. Unfortunately there is not a lot you can do about it unless he really, really wants to quit. It sounds as if part of his habit is a social thing too, unless he stops hanging out with his father and his friends (a tough thing to ask of him) he will always be tempted to carry on. Has he tried nicotine patches or other substitutes in the past?

Buy him an e-cig for christmas/ birthday. It might not stop his smoking habit completely but it would provide an alternative to smoking which is less damaging

Quick Reply

Latest