Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do I fall for every girl that shows me a little bit of kindness/attention? watch

It sounds absolutely pathetic but I just don't know what's wrong with me. As the title says, I just fall for every girl that's just being nice to me, but somehow my brain interprets it as a good sign and I think she likes me. But I don't know why this is the case, I do have several female friends but I'd be lying if I said I didn't catch feelings for any of them at any one point.

I know this is a bad thing and I probably should not bother having female friends any more because of this. I was thinking to cut ties with them simply just because I didn't want them to talk to me as I'd only start liking them again.

What is wrong with me?? Anyone else like this?

ReputationRep:
    Ask one out, your brain is being curious and wants to experiment. Feed it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    It sounds absolutely pathetic but I just don't know what's wrong with me. As the title says, I just fall for every girl that's just being nice to me, but somehow my brain interprets it as a good sign and I think she likes me. But I don't know why this is the case, I do have several female friends but I'd be lying if I said I didn't catch feelings for any of them at any one point.

I know this is a bad thing and I probably should not bother having female friends any more because of this. I was thinking to cut ties with them simply just because I didn't want them to talk to me as I'd only start liking them again.

My mum is like you but with guys that are nice to her. I don't know why tbh, I think it's a normal thing to like people that are nice to you. It's what fuels most positive social interaction

ReputationRep:

I think youre subconsciously craving some form of relationship in general.Youre not falling for these girls,the idea of being in a relationship is whats attracting you so much.In simple terms:just get a girlfriend

ReputationRep:
    I get this a lot as well. With me it's because I'm lonely and haven't had proper friends in ages because of social anxiety. So when someone is nice to me I'm really grateful and like them.

ReputationRep:
    You're not falling in love, it's infatuation.

ReputationRep:
    I probably should not bother having female friends any more
    Ask yourself whether extrication or aversion therapy is more likely to cure yourself of this slightly strange, if not totally unusual, infatuation affliction :holmes:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 13, 2016
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.