Turn on thread page Beta

Would you do a job for your parents? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    My dad gave me one of his long science papers to type for him lastnight for it to be ready today..i was dead bored and did it... if your mum and dad asked for such a favour would you do it?

ReputationRep:
    i think i would. although me and my parents had a big fight the other day i still wana be able to help them out if they need help. actually saying that, i wouldnt do anything ridiculous like go to sainsburys 4 times a day or similar. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    If I was bored I probably would. If not, I think i'd need some sort of incentive!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazy)
    My dad gave me one of his long science papers to type for him lastnight for it to be rady today..i was dead bored and did it... if your mum and dad asked for such a favour would you do it?
    when i read the title i half expected to hear something about you're parents requesting a faecal (what a fancy word for shite) sample....thankfully not tho....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazy)
    My dad gave me one of his long science papers to type for him lastnight for it to be ready today..i was dead bored and did it... if your mum and dad asked for such a favour would you do it?
    Yeah i would do something like that, i like typing . It really depends on what the job they want you to do is though!

ReputationRep:
    I work for my parents

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cossack)
    when i read the title i half expected to hear something about you're parents requesting a faecal (what a fancy word for shite) sample....thankfully not tho....
    the topic is as bad as that
    "Degradation studies of cellulose esters using peak ratio measurement technique"

ReputationRep:
    I've done loads of work for my parents over the years, especially secretarial stuff, but they usually pay me for it which helps

ReputationRep:
    yes, undoubtedly.

Yesterday I spent 3 hours washing up and cleaning up the kitchen where my dad had used every pot in the house to cook!

Anyway, I don't mind it, I owe lots to my parents.

Plus, I want to be able to cook out of something tomorrow....

ReputationRep:
    I am working for the family business in my long break before uni.

Of course i would, what kind of spoilt ungrateful snotty brat wouldn't? Why do you even need to ask this question? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't mind some form of payment . They appreciate that I have important things to do myself and vice versa.

I generally wouldn't ask anyone else to do a favour like typing out reams without a little bribe. If I couldn't be bothered to do something for myself why should I expect anyone else to do it without an attack of boredom. So I'd probably pay a younger friend a few quid for an hour's typing if I had to. But I'm quite a fast typer so it would only happen in the event of a major crisis

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone ever heard an old, extremely cheesy song by this woman with along the lines of....

"for carrying you for nine months....no charge"
    "for taking care of you when you were sick....no charge"

I think she wrote the song as in the first verse or something she talks about her son charging her for taking out the garbage. My mum asked me to do something the other day then started singing this song, I did it just to get her to stop singing this awful song!

ReputationRep:
    Yup - would do.

Never hurts to have a favour in the bag!

ReputationRep:
    If they paid me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazy)
    if i was bored then ill do it, most likely, but im lazy, dnt even do my work so i dnt no really

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.