Turn on thread page Beta

Do you kiss your parents on the lips? watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Do you kiss your parents' lips?
    Yes.
    17.74%
    No.
    82.26%

ReputationRep:
    Victoria Beckham has posted a photo of her kissing her daughter on the lips.

Some people have supported her while others find it disgusting.

I don't understand why people think lips kissing is sexual, it's romantic

I personally don't agree with it.

I've never kissed my parents' lips. The idea of it makes me feel sick as it shows romantic love to me..
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Larryisbeautiful)
    Victoria Beckham has posted a photo of her kissing her daughter on the lips.

Some people have supported her while others find it disgusting.

I don't understand why people think lips kissing is sexual, it's romantic

I personally don't agree with it.

I've never kissed my parents' lips. The idea of it makes me feel sick as it shows romantic love to me..
    I don't think it's a big deal, personally.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't think parents kissing their toddlers on the lips is a bad thing tbh.

Teenagers kissing their parents on the lips however, need to get a good look at their life.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think a peck on the lips to your parents is a weird thing. I never kissed my mum on the lips but did with my gran as she raised me and even at 24, she still sometimes gives me a peck on the lips and she still does this to my mum who is in her 40s occasionally but most of the time we just hug. I don't see a peck as a romantic or sexual kind of kiss. It only lasts about a second. Friends kiss this way too sometimes as well when greeting each other or saying goodbye and I don't see that as big deal either.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Used to kiss my mum on the lips when I was a young kid. Never used to kiss my dad on the lips. Kiss neither on the lips as an adult

ReputationRep:
    I have always kissed my daughter on the lips and will continue to do so until she doesn't want to. Sometimes I kiss my mum on the lips too.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone is different and it doesnt matter if they kiss on lips or not. They express their love to their parents
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I don't have a problem with it if the children were really young.I think it would be weird the older the children are. What older children would want to kiss their parents on the lips?

No way! I always cringe when I see parents do it. Once I turned my head when my mum was trying to kiss my cheek and we accidentally kissed on the lips. We were both a little revolted. My family isn't a touchy feely family though - we don't even hug unless something awful has happened.

ReputationRep:
    What I find more creepy is the way people construe it. To take something as innocent as a peck on your toddlers lips and to twist it into something "sordid" or "weird" is what I personally find more concerning. To think that way is more dodgy than the kissing on the lips to me personally.

No
    As a toddler I would've

ReputationRep:
    My mum kisses me on the lips sometimes. Wouldn't kiss my dad tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Platopus)
    No way! I always cringe when I see parents do it. Once I turned my head when my mum was trying to kiss my cheek and we accidentally kissed on the lips. We were both a little revolted. My family isn't a touchy feely family though - we don't even hug unless something awful has happened.
    Bit odd

ReputationRep:
    Complete fuss over nothing imo but it seems to have down like a French kiss at a family reunion for some.

ReputationRep:
    as a 23 year old, ew no
    i dont mind if people do but for me its a no
    also, i would my kids but there young

ReputationRep:
    No

ReputationRep:
    I think it's fine when they're young.

But when they become teenagers it's time to stop using tongues.

(Original post by cherryred90s)
    Bit odd
    Everyone's family is different. Odd is only relative to a particular perspective.

ReputationRep:
    the mothers of my nieces and nephews do this and I think it's their natural reaction.

Personally I would never want to see or do it 😓

Already seeing one of my nephew picking it up and "pecking" my other niece with his lips. Creepy af when the mother go awwwwwwwww 🐔

*All parties involved are less than 4 years old.

ReputationRep:
    I don't kiss my parents at all lmao

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.