Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm a keen sailor and if I go to Plymouth I want to know I can be involved heavily with sailing, are there lots of sailing teams and that sort of thing?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    (Original post by Blacklock)
    Hi, I'm a keen sailor and if I go to Plymouth I want to know I can be involved heavily with sailing, are there lots of sailing teams and that sort of thing?
    Hi Blacklock,

Thank you for getting in touch with us via The Student Room - I have had a quick look on the Students' Union (UPSU) website and we have a Sailing and Powerboat sports club and other water-based societies for our students to join. There is also the Give Sailing a go freshers event in September.

In the city and surrounding areas there is also the Plymouth Sailing School, The Plymouth & Devon Schools Sailing Association, The Tamar River Sailing Club and many more, where you can be part of the local sailing community and complete RYA courses.

I hope this gives you a little bit of an insight into what opportunites are available in Plymouth and the stunning surrounding coastline

If you have any other queries, dont hesitate to get back in contact, we'd be more than happy to help you out

Matt, Hannah and Dale

@PlymUniApply

ReputationRep:
    Thanks very much that's so helpful I have recently booked an open day, I know it's slightly off topic but how do I add a guest to the open day as both my parents have decided they now want to come too. thanks again for the reply!
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    (Original post by Blacklock)
    Thanks very much that's so helpful I have recently booked an open day, I know it's slightly off topic but how do I add a guest to the open day as both my parents have decided they now want to come too. thanks again for the reply!
    Hi Blacklock,

If you send us a private message with your email address and their contact information we will add them to your booking

Have a great Open Day.

Hannah, Dale and Matt
    :dancing2:

@PlymUniApply

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Plymouth University resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.