Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone!
    I am joining Southbank in September to study children's nursing and I am a mother of two children. I was wondering if anyone else is studying a nursing course with children of their own as I am really anxious about how much this course may affect my children over the next 3 years. I have just completed an access to nursing course this year which was extremely intense and i managed to successfully complete this course. Will the first year workload be similar to an access? Looking forward to meeting lots of new people on the course and excited to get stuck in!!!
    Layla

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Layla82)
    Hey everyone!
    I am joining Southbank in September to study children's nursing and I am a mother of two children. I was wondering if anyone else is studying a nursing course with children of their own as I am really anxious about how much this course may affect my children over the next 3 years. I have just completed an access to nursing course this year which was extremely intense and i managed to successfully complete this course. Will the first year workload be similar to an access? Looking forward to meeting lots of new people on the course and excited to get stuck in!!!
    Layla
    I'm not a mum and I will be studying adult nursing, but I remember when I was researching universities that students who had done the Access route said that it was a better introduction to university life than doing A levels.
    With regards to the kids the key thing is that you will need to be prepared for the shift work, this may often be 12 hours shifts of which some may be 12 hour nights.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Layla,

Congratulations fot getting on the course! I don't reaply have any advice, just that i am a mother to one child and will be starting Occupational Therapy at South Bank in September. I think it will be challenging with placements but it should hopefully not impact the children too much as long as we set aside some quality time for them! If you need to talk to a fellow student parent, please feel free to contact me Marie

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.