This discussion is closed.
Homegrownkitten
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Im getting really angry now. I was offered a job on the 25th of May. I still dont have a start date. They say they are waiting for my medical clearance (I took my medical almost a month ago). They say the occupational health department is short staffed at the moment, this is the reason I dont have my start date yet. That and my stupid low-life manager at my old job said he would be my referee but hasnt sent off the completed form yet (even though he has lied and said he did it the moment he got it). Why am I being made to wait for so long... I feel like a bum on the dole, scrounging money off my mum just so I can go out with my mates.

I have half a mind to f*ck this job, the pay is pants anyway. I might apply for another job. I am just so upset :mad: :mad:
tis_me_lord
Badges: 14
Report 15 years ago
If they're so irritating and incompitent, plus the pay is low you should look for a job esewhere, hopefully they'll be better.
me!
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
If I was you I'd go and look for another job, if they do this now they probably won't be great to work for.

I applied for a job on Friday and haven't heard anything yet, knew I wouldn't get it
Homegrownkitten
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
I have stopped sulking now. Since writing that I have applied for 4 office/admin etc jobs. I have also applied to this graduate scheme which looks really good. They pay you for training etc (more pay than the other job lol).
I am feeling much better now. Thanx for your suggestions
tis_me_lord
Badges: 14
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Homegrownkitten)
I have stopped sulking now. Since writing that I have applied for 4 office/admin etc jobs. I have also applied to this graduate scheme which looks really good. They pay you for training etc (more pay than the other job lol).
I am feeling much better now. Thanx for your suggestions
Well good for you, hope you like whatever job you get.
Lithium
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Homegrownkitten)
Im getting really angry now. I was offered a job on the 25th of May. I still dont have a start date. They say they are waiting for my medical clearance (I took my medical almost a month ago). They say the occupational health department is short staffed at the moment, this is the reason I dont have my start date yet. That and my stupid low-life manager at my old job said he would be my referee but hasnt sent off the completed form yet (even though he has lied and said he did it the moment he got it). Why am I being made to wait for so long... I feel like a bum on the dole, scrounging money off my mum just so I can go out with my mates.

I have half a mind to f*ck this job, the pay is pants anyway. I might apply for another job. I am just so upset :mad: :mad:

Go for it!

best of wishes
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you're planning on going to uni this year, would any of these financial reasons stop you?

Not being able to work now to save up for uni (92)
13.96%
Reduced household income due to coronavirus means I can't afford to go (54)
8.19%
Lack of part-time jobs to support me while I'm at uni (84)
12.75%
Lack of graduate job prospects when I finish uni (79)
11.99%
Other reasons are stopping me going (84)
12.75%
Nothing is stopping me going (266)
40.36%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed