Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Im getting really angry now. I was offered a job on the 25th of May. I still dont have a start date. They say they are waiting for my medical clearance (I took my medical almost a month ago). They say the occupational health department is short staffed at the moment, this is the reason I dont have my start date yet. That and my stupid low-life manager at my old job said he would be my referee but hasnt sent off the completed form yet (even though he has lied and said he did it the moment he got it). Why am I being made to wait for so long... I feel like a bum on the dole, scrounging money off my mum just so I can go out with my mates.

I have half a mind to f*ck this job, the pay is pants anyway. I might apply for another job. I am just so upset :mad: :mad:

If they're so irritating and incompitent, plus the pay is low you should look for a job esewhere, hopefully they'll be better.

ReputationRep:
    If I was you I'd go and look for another job, if they do this now they probably won't be great to work for.

I applied for a job on Friday and haven't heard anything yet, knew I wouldn't get it

ReputationRep:
    I have stopped sulking now. Since writing that I have applied for 4 office/admin etc jobs. I have also applied to this graduate scheme which looks really good. They pay you for training etc (more pay than the other job lol).
    I am feeling much better now. Thanx for your suggestions

(Original post by Homegrownkitten)
    I have stopped sulking now. Since writing that I have applied for 4 office/admin etc jobs. I have also applied to this graduate scheme which looks really good. They pay you for training etc (more pay than the other job lol).
    I am feeling much better now. Thanx for your suggestions
    Well good for you, hope you like whatever job you get.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Homegrownkitten)
    Im getting really angry now. I was offered a job on the 25th of May. I still dont have a start date. They say they are waiting for my medical clearance (I took my medical almost a month ago). They say the occupational health department is short staffed at the moment, this is the reason I dont have my start date yet. That and my stupid low-life manager at my old job said he would be my referee but hasnt sent off the completed form yet (even though he has lied and said he did it the moment he got it). Why am I being made to wait for so long... I feel like a bum on the dole, scrounging money off my mum just so I can go out with my mates.

I have half a mind to f*ck this job, the pay is pants anyway. I might apply for another job. I am just so upset :mad: :mad:

Go for it!

best of wishes

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.