Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Do you still have to pay if your mark does in fact change after the remark?

ReputationRep:
    yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockindemon)
    yes
    Are you sure? I seem to remember been told not.

ReputationRep:
    i just got a letter from the school this morning saying that it can cost up to £60 :eek:

ReputationRep:
    you pay before the re-rake and you don't get your money back ever. not even if you get exactly the same mark again!

ReputationRep:
    Do none of ur schools pay for it? Mine pays for anything to do with exams really.

ReputationRep:
    If you get a remark and your mark goes up then you geta full refund ( 'cos the examiners got it wrong), not sure what happens if if goes down, but if it says the same they keep the money ('cos they were right in the first place)

ReputationRep:
    oooops! looks like i misunderstood, i thought this thread was talking about re-takes not re-marks, don't take any notice of my previous reply! orangesoap is right!-coolguy you're very lucky, our school doesn't pay for re-MARKS or re-TAKES!

ReputationRep:
    You pay regardless.

ReputationRep:
    i don't know about the other boards, but for Edexcel if the grade goes up (or down!) then you don't have to pay. If, however, your mark goes up but the grade doesn't, you have to pay. I had a history paper remarked which went from a B to an Am and didn't pay.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.