Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    anyone got any stories about how their mates drove them insane. i just got back from corfu and my mate drove me a bit skatty, she:
    • always went in the shower first- even yesterday when i had to be out an hour and a half before her and she was so long i didn't have time to shower
    • moaned about every restaurant i wanted to go to then chose one she liked to then have either roast chicken or chicken nuggets (which were everywhere)
    • moaned that we didn't do enough, but then within half an hour decided not to go to the place that is meant to be the most beautiful in corfu cos she wanted to watch the grand prix (and it was our last day)
    • never washed up/cooked/did anything
    • bought expensive food (we'd agreed to split the cost of all food) then remembered she didn't like it
    • let me buy bottles of drink ,then made me feel guilty for drinking if she wasn't- then told me on the last day that she didn't really like any of the stuff we had (mainly archers)
    • didn't even consider compromise! it wasn't that she was bossy, i just don't think it had occured to her to be considerate (ie. don't go in the shower for half an hour without warning the other person who is dying for the loo!)
    *rant over* i love this girl to bits... but i'd never go on holiday with her again

anyone else had a similar experience?

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    My mate annoyed me a little bit in Europe last year because he stayed in the hotel too much so I had to go out on my own at times.

He left all the hotel findings and map reading to me and moaned if I got lost.

My experience dosn't sound as bad as yours though.

ReputationRep:
    One of my friends punched his girlfriend (also one of my best friends) in the face after they had a little bit of an argument, that pissed me off, and....one of my friends passed out and then went a lttle crazy after doing too many magic mushrooms in Amsterdam, we had to drag him back to the apartment cos he kept on running up to strangers and howling at them....its quite funny looking back tho....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    anyone got any stories about how their mates drove them insane. i just got back from corfu and my mate drove me a bit skatty, she:
    • always went in the shower first- even yesterday when i had to be out an hour and a half before her and she was so long i didn't have time to shower
    • moaned about every restaurant i wanted to go to then chose one she liked to then have either roast chicken or chicken nuggets (which were everywhere)
    • moaned that we didn't do enough, but then within half an hour decided not to go to the place that is meant to be the most beautiful in corfu cos she wanted to watch the grand prix (and it was our last day)
    • never washed up/cooked/did anything
    • bought expensive food (we'd agreed to split the cost of all food) then remembered she didn't like it
    • let me buy bottles of drink ,then made me feel guilty for drinking if she wasn't- then told me on the last day that she didn't really like any of the stuff we had (mainly archers)
    • didn't even consider compromise! it wasn't that she was bossy, i just don't think it had occured to her to be considerate (ie. don't go in the shower for half an hour without warning the other person who is dying for the loo!)
    *rant over* i love this girl to bits... but i'd never go on holiday with her again

anyone else had a similar experience?

lou xxx
    oh god, poor you! no, this hasnt happened to me. i went to greece with my friend last summer and it went fine. oh god...i can imagine what a time it must have been. i dont know what to do when friends do that to me, especially if i love them to bits! things like this normally happen when we go shopping and she wants to go to all overly expensive shops and looks for ages, realises she is wasting time and decides to leave only to go into another one. we never get enough shopping done and its really annoying when im actually trying to look for something and not waste time. :rolleyes: friends...we love them yet they can be so insensitive! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cossack)
    One of my friends punched his girlfriend (also one of my best friends) in the face after they had a little bit of an argument, that pissed me off, and....one of my friends passed out and then went a lttle crazy after doing too many magic mushrooms in Amsterdam, we had to drag him back to the apartment cos he kept on running up to strangers and howling at them....its quite funny looking back tho....
    Jesus, if that was me I would have given him big bunch myself, I am not a violent man, but I hate vioilence towards women more than anything. Its cowardly thugery.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    Jesus, if that was me I would have given him big bunch myself, I am not a violent man, but I hate vioilence towards women more than anything. Its cowardly thugery.
    It's a really long story how it all happened and the 'mitigating' circumstances - i didnt punch him cos he was in tears and started having a major asthma attack and stuff...and plus there was 54 of us on holiday and pretty much no one would speak to him afterwards so....but it was hard not to throw him off teh balcony after it first happened...

ReputationRep:
    Last year, my boyfriend and I went away to spend a few days with a good friend of mine and her boyfriend. Though I love this friend to death, neither of us would ever go anywhere with her again. She basically has absolutely no practical skills whatsoever - when we arrived, a few days after them, the whole house was a complete tip and the kitchen was in such a horrendous state that we could tell what they'd eaten for every meal. My boyfriend ended up cleaning it from top to bottom, whilst I went out to buy some food (with my money) as there was none in. All the while my friend stood in the middle of the room fidgeting and going "Can I do anything to help?" whilst any job you did assign her turned into such a mission that we gave up and told her to go and sunbathe. That turned into a pattern for the rest of the holiday. We ended up buying all the food, cooking all the meals and cleaning up afterwards - the one time she tried to make pasta for lunch she couldn't figure out the cooker or when the food was ready and so I had to go and help her anyway. When we went out to a restaurant (which my boyfriend paid for) she couldn't even decide what to order without us telling her ("What shall I get? Will I like that? What does that taste like? Should I get this?" etc). I could go on She just had no common sense or ability to act on her own initiative, and yet I'd never really realised this until a few days in her presence. Sorry to hear your holiday wasn't the greatest - I think trips away can do funny things to friendships, although I've also had some holidays with mates that have turned out amazingly well

ReputationRep:
    I went to Newquay when I was 16 with four friends (note #1 never go on holiday as an odd number - one person will get left out) of which one was one of my best mates and the other 3 were good mates, but I wasn't particularly close to them. As a result I was the one who had to sit on my own on the coach and on buses etc (however useful cos I was the one who didn't have to share a bedroom). They were also really anal about drinking and stuff because it was "expensive". Halfway during the week some other friends of mine came down for their holiday (they'd booked later than us, if I knew they'd wanted to go I would've gone with them), and wanted me to come out with them, so the lot I was with wanted to come out too but then decided actually they didn't like the place so I got forced to go elsewhere even though I was having fun (note #2 learn how to say no).

Oh and then there was a huge arguement halfway through the week between them all because the one who I was better friends with (who was the least square out of the four of them) had *shock horror* dared to kiss more than one bloke in a night, so one of the others said she's acted like a tart or something along those lines and it all blew up. So I went to bed, and ended up with my friend sleeping in my room that night cos the others weren't talking to her (note #3 be friends with people who are a bit more liberal).

We didn't have any bust ups over the bathroom though, or food in the evening - we had fish and chips the first night and then each took a turn at cooking then went out for a meal on the last night and we just went to a place that did burgers which everybody was happy with. I stopped hanging around with them so much after (apart from the one I was really good friends with who was in most of my classes in sixth form) but I went out with them last weekend and they still haven't changed because they had another arguement - about blokes :rolleyes: - so again I didn't get involved (neither did my friend who was originally called the tartish one but that seems to have all changed now lol).

Welcome back Loops, i've never had a holiday with friends, by the sounds of it i'm glad i haven't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Welcome back Loops, i've never had a holiday with friends, by the sounds of it i'm glad i haven't.
    Dont be put off they're really wicked....just you get to know you're frends a lot better, for good or for bad

Dont be put off they're really wicked....just you get to know you're frends a lot better, for good or for bad
    Too late for that now anyway, i've forsaken them by going to a different school.

Anyway before we go off topic i'm going to leave this thread now.

ReputationRep:
    I went to France with one of my best mates Joe last year, we had the best time ever. Met some dudes on the campsite and just spent the whole week pissed on and around the beach .

ReputationRep:
    Oh, it can be bad enough going with just the close family for company. Sometimes I think it might be fun going with friends but it can just lead to you finding out all their faults in a rather short space of time :rolleyes:.

I think this is where the experience of having to share rooms at boarding school comes in useful too. Single rooms become a luxury, unless of course you REALLY like the other person .

ReputationRep:
    agreed. don't get me wrong i had a fantastic time and we did have a real giggle sometimes, had some fantastic nights out, literally shopped til we dropped. oh and a note to everyone don't ever cycle in a short skirt even if your underwear is the same colour *don't ask*

i'm sure i probably irritated this girl just as much, it just suprised me that she wasn't a very compromising person on holiday (but she didn't seem to cope with the heat much wheras i couldn't get enough of it)

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    i just got back, my mate was ok but in the mornings he would stab my feet with the room keys and throw water at me so I wake up. he is also a bad drunk so got into a lot of arguments over the week.
    but i think i also pissed him off beacuse i was sleeping in till round 2pm and he would be awake at 9am, our other mates were in a hotel somewhere else so he would just sit round near the pool till I woke up. also i got blisters on my feet and i couldnt walk anywhere, and he was trying to pull everynight and i wasnt but i'm still the one that managed to bring some girls back while he drunk his stella on the balcony. LOL i bet he hates me now

ReputationRep:
    Just came back from Ibiza and although there are many stories to tell, I have to mention my mates cheesy smelling feet!!! :mad:

Mod Expression Edit - Profanity removed. Watch the language in future please. Cheers.Expression

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.