Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    what can a doctor prescribe for tiredness.

ReputationRep:
    Better sleep schedules, better diet and possibly exercise.

Unless there is an underlying cause (I know anemia is quite bad for tiredness), then you will get drugs to treat that condition.

ReputationRep:
    I'm assuming you have difficulty with sleeping. Sometimes doctors can prescribe sleeping pills such as zopiclone or zolpidem which are only for short-term use. I really wouldn't recommend this as it made it harder for me to get off to sleep without the pills and they can be very addictive as they have a sedative effect.

edit - don't listen to a word I just said considering you said you get good sleep

If you have a hormone deficiency they might give you Melatonin supplements however there are plenty of causes of fatigue so the treatment varies massively.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinocchiolewis)

Unless there is an underlying cause (I know anemia is quite bad for tiredness), then you will get drugs to treat that condition.
    hi my sleep is quite good i get about 8 to 9 hours on average and i wake up feeling really tired with brain fog also through out the day i have an unfathomable urge to sleep and unless i get up and work around i will fall asleep i have tried every thing under the sun exercise like running and swimming and a healthy diet nothing is working and now even on the rare occasion that I'm not tired i have brain fog which makes me feel like I'm drunk when I'm not.

do you no what drugs would be offered to treat this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinocchiolewis)

no i get a good amount of sleep and eat healthy and exercise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john1332123)
    hi my sleep is quite good i get about 8 to 9 hours on average and i wake up feeling really tired with brain fog also through out the day i have an unfathomable urge to sleep and unless i get up and work around i will fall asleep i have tried every thing under the sun exercise like running and swimming and a healthy diet nothing is working and now even on the rare occasion that I'm not tired i have brain fog which makes me feel like I'm drunk when I'm not.

do you no what drugs would be offered to treat this.
    I'm really not too sure sorry :/ you'll have to go to the doctors and just see what they can give you.
    Hope you can solve your issue soon!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 13, 2016
Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.