The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Acaila
Increasing enthusiasm of hugs?! :eek: This certainly is the uni for me!

Although the only Cambridge drunk I've seen was in the middle of the afternoon, at the train station with his fly undone trying to talk Spanish to us :s-smilie:

Oh yeah, fairly few violent drunks generally, just excessively touchy-feely (lechy, in some cases, but it's not like some girls don't return it :tongue:). All quite nice. Unless you happened to see me on the night of June 9th, in which case you might have been quite frightened. :eek:
Reply 181
Acaila
Although the only Cambridge drunk I've seen was in the middle of the afternoon, at the train station with his fly undone trying to talk Spanish to us :s-smilie:

Even the tramps in Cambridge are polyglots! It really must be the academic capital of Europe! :smile:
Reply 182
LOL yeah :biggrin: Well I thought it was French. Everybody else was just confused :biggrin:

Helenia
Oh yeah, fairly few violent drunks generally, just excessively touchy-feely (lechy, in some cases, but it's not like some girls don't return it :tongue:). All quite nice. Unless you happened to see me on the night of June 9th, in which case you might have been quite frightened. :eek:

Ooooh that sounds like a story that you must tell us dear :wink: :biggrin:
Reply 183
polthegael
Exactly... Two colours (as I picked up the first time)...

Huge is good :smile: (though maybe we don't mean that the same way!)

Oh right. Totally missed you there.

Well... um... er... it's a political map. That means it depicts political boundaries. That means it shows N. Ireland as being part of Britain.

( Help me! Don't let's bring that whole situation up! )
Reply 184
Acaila
Increasing enthusiasm of hugs?! :eek: This certainly is the uni for me!

Are you sure it wasn't a Modern Languages fellow?
Reply 185
Faboba
Oh right. Totally missed you there.

Well... um... er... it's a political map. That means it depicts political boundaries. That means it shows N. Ireland as being part of Britain.

( Help me! Don't let's bring that whole situation up! )

Hmmm... OK, let's drop it! :smile:
Reply 186
Acaila
Ooooh that sounds like a story that you must tell us dear :wink: :biggrin:

Oh, nothing too exciting. Consumed an amazing amount of alcohol (mostly cheap wine with the odd G&T (courtesy of Scottish friends) and malibu/vodka and coke in there), spent some time with my friends in the college bar, finally headed out to town to Cindies, by which time I was feeling rejected by someone, and was shouting my hatred and my love for him at the top of my voice :redface:
Reply 187
Helenia
Oh, nothing too exciting. Consumed an amazing amount of alcohol (mostly cheap wine with the odd G&T (courtesy of Scottish friends) and malibu/vodka and coke in there), spent some time with my friends in the college bar, finally headed out to town to Cindies, by which time I was feeling rejected by someone, and was shouting my hatred and my love for him at the top of my voice :redface:

At the same time or alternating? How scared did he look?
Reply 188
Helenia
cheap wine with the odd G&T (courtesy of Scottish friends)

Did they have Buckfast? I love that stuff but don't understand why it's on sale all over Ireland and Scotland but not in the South of England when it's made in Devon..!
Reply 189
There aren't enough neds in Devon evidently :rolleyes:
Reply 190
polthegael
Did they have Buckfast? I love that stuff but don't understand why it's on sale all over Ireland and Scotland but not in the South of England when it's made in Devon..!

Come ooooooooon man! It's a drink for Ned/Pikeys/Townies/Chavs/Whatever the Irish ones are called. This is true of all Tonic Wines, most Ciders ( can you say Merrydown? ) and most 'energy drinks' ( Red Bull through Red Square ).

Ya cannie be a pure ned wieout yer buckie!

( Yeah, yeah. I know it tastes all right but... come ooooooooon! )
Reply 191
Faboba
Come ooooooooon man! It's a drink for Ned/Pikeys/Townies/Chavs/Whatever the Irish ones are called. This is true of all Tonic Wines, most Ciders ( can you say Merrydown? ) and most 'energy drinks' ( Red Bull through Red Square ).

Ya cannie be a pure ned wieout yer buckie!

( Yeah, yeah. I know it tastes all right but... come ooooooooon! )

I like Pisang Ambon too and have been known to go out knackering (drinking outside) with bottles of red Aftershock and (ONCE, to my detriment!) a bottle of Absynth!

Bucky is just nice and sweet - you can't say that about Absynth! :smile:
Reply 192
polthegael
I like Pisang Ambon too and have been known to go out knackering (drinking outside) with bottles of red Aftershock and (ONCE, to my detriment!) a bottle of Absynth!

Bucky is just nice and sweet - you can't say that about Absynth! :smile:

I'll build up to Absinthe.

Buckfast is just so WEIRD because it's the equivalent of about 20% but it tastes like some kind of weak apple based punch. Shitty aftertaste.

Drink your age!

( For some reason - I never buy the stuff so only ever drink it as a guest - I've only ever had Blue Aftershock. Does red taste different? Does it taste better and that's why it's only ever Blue that's left? )
Reply 193
Faboba
I'll build up to Absinthe.

Buckfast is just so WEIRD because it's the equivalent of about 20% but it tastes like some kind of weak apple based punch. Shitty aftertaste.

Drink your age!

( For some reason - I never buy the stuff so only ever drink it as a guest - I've only ever had Blue Aftershock. Does red taste different? Does it taste better and that's why it's only ever Blue that's left? )

Yes, red is the best (everyone I know agrees). Blue tastes like mouthwask and green is basically surgical spirits!

There was a purple one for a while in Belfast (only ever saw it there) which, I think was a bottled mix of red and blue. Not as nice as red, but nice colour!

If you fancy splitting on a bottle in Cambridge, we can try downing a bottle of Absynth (or however you spell it!). Don't expect to get to lectures the next day, even if we do avoid Adenbrooke's, and you'll probably start hallucinating! :smile:

PS the red one is cinnamon-y
Reply 194
polthegael
Yes, red is the best (everyone I know agrees). Blue tastes like mouthwask and green is basically surgical spirits!

There was a purple one for a while in Belfast (only ever saw it there) which, I think was a bottled mix of red and blue. Not as nice as red, but nice colour!

If you fancy splitting on a bottle in Cambridge, we can try downing a bottle of Absynth (or however you spell it!). Don't expect to get to lectures the next day, even if we do avoid Adenbrooke's, and you'll probably start hallucinating! :smile:

Pffff... I'm neither a boatie nor a natsci; I can be as hungover as I want on the weekend :biggrin:

( I'm far too lightweight for halfers though. We might have to pick up a few more adventurous alchies to join us ).

Edit; I like the way the blue one tastes! Then again... I also like the taste of mouthwash. Hmmmm
Reply 195
Faboba
I like the way the blue one tastes! Then again... I also like the taste of mouthwash. Hmmmm

If you like the blue one, you'll love the red one! :smile:
Reply 196
Faboba
At the same time or alternating? How scared did he look?

At the same time - along the lines of "Why is he so mean to me? I hate him, he's a bastard!" to which all my friends would agree "Yes Helen, you can do better than him..." till I shouted "But I loooooooove him!" :frown:

Neither of my 3 above statements are actually true, for the record :tongue: And thankfully he wasn't there (this was why I was sad)

I've never heard of Buckfast, but I've never asked either :confused:
Reply 197
Helenia
At the same time - along the lines of "Why is he so mean to me? I hate him, he's a bastard!" to which all my friends would agree "Yes Helen, you can do better than him..." till I shouted "But I loooooooove him!" :frown:

Neither of my 3 above statements are actually true, for the record :tongue: And thankfully he wasn't there (this was why I was sad)

I've never heard of Buckfast, but I've never asked either :confused:

I'm already building up a sizeable stash of alcohol for October, if I ever do meet you, you are welcome to try some :smile:
This is me...... hopefully going to T Hall in sept to do bio natsci. I hate photos!
Reply 199
devilschild
This is me...... hopefully going to T Hall in sept to do bio natsci. I hate photos!

My number is... Tee hee :smile: Lots of very cute girls going to Cambridge! But were are the plump ones???! :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending