Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have a speaking assesment comming up and we are allowed our sheets with our paragraphs on it but I haven't finished one of mine and it's due tomorrow and Im SO STUCK ON IT!!!

my paragraph is supposed to be on what my plans are for next weekend.

if anyone is able to help it would be much apprechiated, anyway...

the paragraph must include...
    Connectives
    Opinions
    Reasons
    and Quantifiers...
    complex sentences etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by majaaaa123)
    I have a speaking assesment comming up and we are allowed our sheets with our paragraphs on it but I haven't finished one of mine and it's due tomorrow and Im SO STUCK ON IT!!!
    ITS supposed to be on next weekend and what I will do etc.
    if anyone is able to help it would be much apprechiated, anyway...
    the paragraph must include...
    Connectives
    Opinions
    Reasons
    and Quantifiers...
    complex sentences etc.

Topic? No idea what a quantifier is tho

ReputationRep:
    The topic is supposed to be what Im planning to do next weekend

and these are some quantifiers...

approximatley, almost, hardly, altogether, at least, mostly, only, rarely, little & probably

Please help struggling so bad ._.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely use the phrase je alter ich werde, desto besse finde ich .... als ... (as I get older, I find ..... better than .....). This really impresses examiners.

ReputationRep:
    Make it interesting and exciting and original! Perhaps say that you are planning on going to the theme park but recently, on the news, a rollercoaster crashed and how you hope that doesn't happen to you. That way you include past, future and present tense in one paragraph - such is needed for an A*.

ReputationRep:

approximatley, almost, hardly, altogether, at least, mostly, only, rarely, little & probably

Here are some German quantifiers:

echt
    absolut
    vollig (with umlaut)
    wirklich
    total

ReputationRep:

ungefaehr, don't know, kaum, zusammen, mindestens, am meisten, nur/jetzt (depending on context), selten, eine bisschen, moeglich

Those are the quantifiers you said (sorry if I got any wrong.)

Okay, first say in English, what you want to do/what you are planning to do next weekend, then translate that, and if a sentence is too complicated simplify it.

Some ideas:
    - meet up with friends

So "Ich habe vor, mit meinen Freunden zu treffen."

Say you want to go to the cinema with them.

"Ich werde mit meinen Freunden ins Kino gehen."

Say that despite being a girl, you want to play football and add why.

"Trotz ich eine Maedchen bin, will ich Fussball spielen, denn ich habe Fussball erheiternd gefunden."

Lie! Say you want to eat large quantities of cooked chicken!

"Ich will grosse Menge gekochtes Haenchens."

Say you want to repair a broken friendship "Ich will eine gebrochene Freundschaft reparieren."

It doesn't really matter what you write, so long as you have those quantifiers then. Write it in English then people on here can help you.

Sorry if I've given any bad examples; I just completed my German A level, but I'm no expert. Sorry if I've overcomplicated it as well. If you need any pointers about grammar, just ask!

ReputationRep:
    So I wrote my para in engilish and the things that I want it to include... if anyone is able to translate that would be great & feel free to add anything of your own to make it even better

Next weekend I am planning to go to the beach with my family, I like spending time with my family becasue as I get older I spend less time with them, and its fun to do something different. I really wany to try out water skiing because when I was younger it was one of the things that I always wanted to do, although I've never done water sports i've heard that its very good. I also want to play beach ball because I love sport and it seems fun. On Sunday im going to the cinema with some of my old friends that I haven't seen for a very long time, we're going to see the new nemo movie because when we were younger it was our favourite movie and it will bring back some great memories. Afterwards were going bowling, bowling used to be our tradition and we'd always go in our free time, I used to be good at bowling and really enjoy it so Im looking forward to doing that again next week. Next weekend is going to be so exciting I can't wait!

ReputationRep:
    Ich habe vor, nächste Woche an den Strand zu gehen. Ich mag es meine Zeit mit meiner Familie zu verbringen weil je älter ich werde desto weniger Zeit ich fur sie haben werde. Außerdem macht es Spaß immer verschiedene Sachen zu machen. Ich möchte insbesondere sehr gerne Wasserskilaufen einmal versuchen denn als ich junger war , war es eine der Sachen die ich umbedingt machen wollte weil es viele Leute mir empfohlen haben. Ich möchte auch Strandball spielen weil ich Sport liebe und es amüsant scheint. Am Sonntag werde ich ins Kino gehen, mit manche meiner alten Freunde, die ich seit einer langen Zeit nicht gesehen habe. Wir werden das neue Nemo Film gucken, weil Nemo mein Lieblingsfilm war als ich jung war und Erinnerungen weckt. Danach werden wir bowlen gehen, weil früher Bowlen unsere Tradition war. Wir sind immer bowlen gegangen in unsere Freizeit. Ich konnte gut Bowling spielen und ich habe es immer genossen. Ich kann das Wochenende kaum noch erwarten. Nächstes Wochenende wird es spannend, ich kann es kaum abwarten!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Hope this makes sense

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strawberry06)
    Hope this makes sense
    tysm!! thought I wasn't going to get it done by tomorrow, literally my lifesaver :clap2:

ReputationRep:
    tysm!! thought I wasn't going to get it done by tomorrow, literally my lifesaver :clap2:
    No worries

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 13, 2016
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.