Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!

I'm on holiday, but trust me when I say i still have the results day stress haha! Im out of the country too, I mainly have two questions:

1. Have all/most of our GCSEs been marked yet?

2. If there were any problems with our exams (plagiarism, health problems, un-neat handwriting etc.) would they have been addressed by now?

Thanks very much.

ReputationRep:
    Hey escg ! 1) I think some of our GCSEs have been marked. All of the May exams and some of the June exams must have been marked by now. Some June ones I guess are left, and I believe all will be finished marking by the end of this month (2 weeks). So then GB will be set within the first week or two of August and then the results typed, printed and sent off within the remaining time.2) Un neat handwriting would've been dealt with..and so would plagiarism and I think other reasons too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sulaimanali)
    Hey escg ! 1) I think some of our GCSEs have been marked. All of the May exams and some of the June exams must have been marked by now. Some June ones I guess are left, and I believe all will be finished marking by the end of this month (2 weeks). So then GB will be set within the first week or two of August and then the results typed, printed and sent off within the remaining time.2) Un neat handwriting would've been dealt with..and so would plagiarism and I think other reasons too.
    Just wondering in case you know. During my History of Germany paper there was a storm right over head and a bunch of girls standing in the entrance of the sport/exam hall screaming every time it thundered (is that even a word?). I know from a friend that their school ( a 5 minute drive from mine) were told they had some sort of special consideration thing (I can't remember if that was the name given) because they had to concentrate during a storm their marks are boosted slightly or they get an extra couple of marks if they don't reach their predicted grades etc.....After that convoluted explanation would I have been told if this affected me too or would our teacher/examiner just have an added so they knew not to be so harsh on it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BobSausage)
    Just wondering in case you know. During my History of Germany paper there was a storm right over head and a bunch of girls standing in the entrance of the sport/exam hall screaming every time it thundered (is that even a word?). I know from a friend that their school ( a 5 minute drive from mine) were told they had some sort of special consideration thing (I can't remember if that was the name given) because they had to concentrate during a storm their marks are boosted slightly or they get an extra couple of marks if they don't reach their predicted grades etc.....After that convoluted explanation would I have been told if this affected me too or would our teacher/examiner just have an added so they knew not to be so harsh on it?
    Normally you have to ask your exams officer and if it's not added, explain the situation to them and ask if 'special consideration' is an option. Normally I think you are told if you get special consideration.

ReputationRep:
    Normally you have to ask your exams officer and if it's not added, explain the situation to them and ask if 'special consideration' is an option. Normally I think you are told if you get special consideration.
    K thx I guess I'll have to ask our exams officer next time I'm in school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BobSausage)
    K thx I guess I'll have to ask our exams officer next time I'm in school.
    Yeah - but I'm not sure if its too late now if you can apply for it. Lots of the exams must have been marked by now! You have to apply ASAP after the exam has been sent off if you didn't apply for it before they were being sent off.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks man, what about coursework/controlled assessments?

ReputationRep:
    Welcome

Yeah I think CA and CW will be marked by now

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.