Turn on thread page Beta

A level Results watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys , as we allknow , A levels result day is coming soon and I was just wondering whether the univeristy gets our results before we get ours a week and decide whether they would take us . So if we get rejected , is there any point calling them to plead them to take us if we are rejected after a week of consideration? Thankyou

there is cause ive heard many stories where people have begged after results day and have gotten in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sugar_1998)
    there is cause ive heard many stories where people have begged after results day and have gotten in
    How do they even beg?

(Original post by lytran)
    How do they even beg?
    call them up and plead your case . tell them why you want to go to this university
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Hey guys , as we allknow , A levels result day is coming soon and I was just wondering whether the univeristy gets our results before we get ours a week and decide whether they would take us . So if we get rejected , is there any point calling them to plead them to take us if we are rejected after a week of consideration? Thankyou
    Yes they get the results before you do.

And no, there's no point calling to beg.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by jneill)
    Yes, they get the results before you do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Tbh I was thinking of sending a sob story email in the hope that they'll accept me despite missing the offer
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    Tbh I was thinking of sending a sob story email in the hope that they'll accept me despite missing the offer
    There's no point.

If you have extenuating circumstances then your referee should notify your universities well in advance of results day (ie now).

The myth of "ringing up to beg" success stories are from people who missed their offer grades but had no update on Track on results day. They rang up to "beg" and were told they were accepted. Their begging played no part in the decision - it was already made. Their universities just hadn't finished the data input to send their acceptance to UCAS before results day.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...4200042&page=7 Post #137, point 4. Be afraid, be very afraid...

ReputationRep:
    It may be worth stating something if your UCAS offer is still set as 'conditional'. However, if it says 'unsuccessful' there is no point, the university has made their decision. This happened to me last year, I was a couple of marks of getting in to my firm choice. I explained to the university that I had major cardio-thoracic surgery with a 6 months recovery time whilst doing my A2 year at sixth form, but it was too late as they had already made their mind and the course was full. My advice is, you might as well try because you have nothing to lose. It probably also depends on how popular the course is too!

(Original post by PQ)
    There's no point.

If you have extenuating circumstances then your referee should notify your universities well in advance of results day (ie now).

The myth of "ringing up to beg" success stories are from people who missed their offer grades but had no update on Track on results day. They rang up to "beg" and were told they were accepted. Their begging played no part in the decision - it was already made. Their universities just hadn't finished the data input to send their acceptance to UCAS before results day.
    I know, I was messing

ReputationRep:
    Do they get it like a week before we get ours then? I'll be praying

(Original post by jneill)
    Yes they get the results before you do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Do they get it like a week before we get ours then? I'll be praying
    They get them the Sunday before.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.