Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey all i work at marks and spencers 6 days a week permanent contract i get paid 8 pound 40 and hour which is rising to 9 pounds 60 next year april

i was looking to find extra income else were maybe another part time job ive been rejected from primeark which pays less than my current job 7 punds something even though i have experience in retail and recently got rejected from a job in a restaurant. They call me to come in for a trial then they just ignore me.

Why are employers allowed to do this?
    Do you think its fair they have the power to hire or reject whoever they like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ednut)
    Hey all i work at marks and spencers 6 days a week permanent contract i get paid 8 pound 40 and hour which is rising to 9 pounds 60 next year april

i was looking to find extra income else were maybe another part time job ive been rejected from primeark which pays lexx than my current job 7 punds something even though i have experience in retail and recently got rejected from a job in a restaurant. They call me to come in for a trial then they just ignore me.

It's life, stop moaning and keep applying. You'll get something eventually. Maybe you have too many hours for their needs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ednut)

i was looking to find extra income else were maybe another part time job ive been rejected from primeark which pays less than my current job 7 punds something even though i have experience in retail and recently got rejected from a job in a restaurant. They call me to come in for a trial then they just ignore me.

Who else is supposed to make the decision to hire and reject people if it isn't the employer?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by ednut)

This word answers all of your questions really. If they think you're not up for the job that is your problem, not them. Did you make a mistake in your trial?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe fix you're grammar in you're CV?.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Hunsmz)
    Maybe fix you're grammar in you're CV?.
    Says the person who has made two grammar mistakes. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Try to find another job through nelest.com service. I personally have found mine through that service, having then a horrible, dead-end job. You know, I quitted that job with no regrets. I wish you the same!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.