Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am looking to apply for a provisional driving licence via the d1 form and apply via the post, I have to also include identity documents such as birth certificate and national insurance number I was just wondering how long normally does it take to get back the identity documents after you have sent the form off? How long did it take to get your identity documents back when you applied for a provisional driving licence? also how long did it take you to get your provisional driving licence?

Thank you in advance
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daniel Davidson)
    I am looking to apply for a provisional driving licence via the d1 form and apply via the post, I have to also include identity documents such as birth certificate and national insurance number I was just wondering how long normally does it take to get back the identity documents after you have sent the form off? How long did it take to get your identity documents back when you applied for a provisional driving licence? also how long did it take you to get your provisional driving licence?

Thank you in advance
    This was 5 years ago, but i had my documents back in 3 days and my license in about a week.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.