Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Do you think people who use sex dolls are sad?

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    :dontknow:

Are people who use sex toys sad? I don't think so - who are we to judge if it brings pleasure and isn't harming anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theBranicAc)
    Do you think people who use sex dolls are sad?
    Do you use a sex doll?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drowzee)
    Yes.
    to what extent?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Themini)
    Do you use a sex doll?
    lol no!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Namita Gurung)

Are people who use sex toys sad? I don't think so - who are we to judge if it brings pleasure and isn't harming anyone?
    sex toys and sex dolls have a big but sublte difference

ReputationRep:
    I find it weird, but then again everyone has their own kinks

ReputationRep:
    no i think they are the best! at least they are not shagging many women and they can shag the doll whenever they want

ReputationRep:
    sex toys and sex dolls have a big but sublte difference
    Both are used for pleasure.
    As long as the user doesn't unhealthily develop a deep emotional attachment towards the doll, I don't see a problem.

What's your opinion?

ReputationRep:
    "Maybe people who want to buy sex robots need to present the agreement of a couple of doctors, before they are judged emotionally restricted enough to need to retreat to such an inhuman fantasy. Or maybe, out of respect for women, this technology should just be rejected."

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...logy-objectify

I'm as left as it gets on most issues but I don't agree with the above at all that it objectifies women or that we should insult those who do. It gives sad guys who no one is going to sleep with a release and comfort. Should we really begrudge them that?

ReputationRep:
    As long as the user doesn't unhealthily develop a deep emotional attachment towards the doll, I don't see a problem.

What's your opinion?
    hmm, i think its pretty sad and desperate to have sex with something that does not have real life, ie a doll

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatima1998)
    no i think they are the best! at least they are not shagging many women and they can shag the doll whenever they want
    so would you have sex with a sex doll
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    i have many sex dolls but not for sex, but to give me company at dinner time because i am lonely and so i feel like i have friends

ReputationRep:

What's your opinion?

also using sex toys is a form of masturbation, which is self pleasure, while sex is you and your partner pleasuring each other, but how can you pleasure something which has no real emotions, hence why i find it sad

ReputationRep:
    also using sex toys is a form of masturbation, which is self pleasure, while sex is you and your partner pleasuring each other, but how can you pleasure something which has no real emotions, hence why i find it sad
    I personally wouldn't use one but I'm not against other people using sex dolls if it helps them. I'm pretty sure sex toys don't have real emotions. Wouldn't sex dolls be considered a form of masturbation?

ReputationRep:
    I personally wouldn't use one but I'm not against other people using sex dolls if it helps them. I'm pretty sure sex toys don't have real emotions. Wouldn't sex dolls be considered a form of masturbation?
    im pretty sure no one is against sex dolls because it doesnt bother them.

Yes but like i said, sex toys is used as a form of masturbation, your not trying to please the toy but rather yourself.

And no because, sexual intercourse isn't a form of masturbation. therefore sex dolls isn't a form of mastubastions because it is used for sex

ReputationRep:
    im pretty sure no one is against sex dolls because it doesnt bother them.

Yes but like i said, sex toys is used as a form of masturbation, your not trying to please the toy but rather yourself.

And no because, sexual intercourse isn't a form of masturbation
    Unless the user is deluding her/himself I doubt she/he is trying to please the doll. Like the sex toys, the main aim is their own pleasure.

Masturbation is self-given pleasure which is what the sex dolls are used for.

ReputationRep:
    It's good for people that can't get the real thing:dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    No... I just think its really weird
    Especially when they store it in their house/home for long amount of time and never throw it away. Are sexdolls the blow up plastics dolls where you do insert stuff into it?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2016

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.