Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm going away tomorrow, it's not so much the flight which makes me anxious but the security security checks. Any advice? A few shots of whiskey before I set off for the airport a good idea?

ReputationRep:
    Once you talk about "shots" you know you're not being serious. Enter an airport drunk and you'll be in prison.

(Original post by shawn_o1)
    Once you talk about "shots" you know you're not being serious. Enter an airport drunk and you'll be in prison.
    I wouldn't get drunk, I would only have like 3 shots

ReputationRep:
    I love Airports. As long as you aren't carrying something illegal or dodgy you'll be fine !

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I wouldn't get drunk, I would only have like 3 shots
    they don't care. Airport security is as serious as a breath test. Get caught with any +100ml liquids, sharp objects, weapons, explosives and other forbidden items and you'll not only miss your flight.
    Basically speaking, if you consume alcohol you'll lose your senses and have no idea what you're doing, which is even worse than being anxious about it all.

ReputationRep:
    Don't wear metal

they don't care. Airport security is as serious as a breath test. Get caught with any +100ml liquids, sharp objects, weapons, explosives and other forbidden items and you'll not only miss your flight.
    Basically speaking, if you consume alcohol you'll lose your senses and have no idea what you're doing, which is even worse than being anxious about it all.
    I'm not that stupid. I only meant that I was going to try and get slightly buzzed to take the edge of things, not get myself into a state where I don't even know what I am carrying. Anyway they have bars and pubs inside airports don't they?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A321)
    I love Airports. As long as you aren't carrying something illegal or dodgy you'll be fine !

Posted from TSR Mobile
    me too! I love travelling*

OP,you'll be fine,just relax and don't get drunk!*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm not that stupid. I only meant that I was going to try and get slightly buzzed to take the edge of things, not get myself into a state where I don't even know what I am carrying. Anyway they have bars and pubs inside airports don't they?
    It is possible to consume alcohol at the airport before you board a flight, but do it at your own risk:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ree-years.html

It is possible to consume alcohol at the airport before you board a flight, but do it at your own risk:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ree-years.html
    Ok cheers, I probably won't drink at the airport anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EastGuava)
    Don't wear metal
    other than precious metals in clear view

ReputationRep:
    I've been through airports drunk loads of times, as long as you're not aggressive or doing something stupid nobody bats an eyelid. Its not an offence to fly under the influence of alcohol unless you're the pilot - it only becomes a legal issue if it negatively affects behaviour.

ReputationRep:
    If someone goes in drunk they will be told to sod off and denied boarding and possibly put in a cool out room.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.