Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Jessyjellytot14's Summer Bucket List Watch

ReputationRep:
    jessyjellytot14'sSummerBucketList

Hello, and welcome to my summer bucket list blog thing! After having read through some other people's threads, I have realised how nerdy I actually am... most of the things I would like to accomplish over the summer are related to education. This summer for me will probably not be very thrilling due to the fact that I am going to be applying to university in a few months, so I need to do as much as I can to help my application. Don't worry though- this will NOT be a study blog!

Anyway, here is the list I have came up with.
    Red = Not done.
    Orange = Currently doing it.
    Green = Done.

A-level and Uni related goals:
    • Self-teach the C3 chapters we have covered in maths so far using ExamSolutions because this genius decided not to go to the lessons!
    • Make notes on the circular motion chapter of physics and make them look as Studyblr as possible!
    • Make notes on the A2 research methods topic of psychology and answer the 'check it' and 'apply it' questions for each spread.
    • Organise all of my AS notes!
    • Do some extra reading and research on psychology.
    • Write a draft of my personal statement for psychology.
    • Buy the A2 psychology textbook.
    • Use my planner to plan when I am actually going to do all of this!
    Extra-curricular goals:
    • Learn as much Greek as possible before I go on holiday to Greece at the end of July.
    • Get a part-time job so I can start earning some money.
    • Find somewhere to volunteer at.
    • Organise a work experience placement related to clinical psychology to be done during October half term.
    • Use DuoLingo to learn more french.
    • Complete my work experience placement at Nottingham Trent University's library.
    Fun goals:
    • Read at least 5 fiction books over the summer and write reviews on each one.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Name:  20160718_120221.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  533.0 KB
    These are the books that I plan to read over the summer. By the 12th September (the day I go back to sixth form), I'd like to have read at least 5, including 'The Shock Of The Fall' and 'All the Bright Places' as they'll come in handy for psychology.
    • Start doing yoga and meditation at least twice a week.
    • Cook a meal for my family at least once a week (excluding the 2 weeks I am on holiday) using my student cookbook.
    • Watch a film that I actually enjoy at the cinema.
    • Play cards against humanity with some friends.
    • Write on my psychology blog([/b][/font][/size] ) every day apart from when I don't have wifi on holiday.
    • Keep a dream journal.
    • Go to Switzerland with sixth form and come back alive.
    • Go to Greece with my family.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    - Go swimming in the sea.
    - Buy some white chocolate fudge covered oreos (they don't sell these in England )
    - Speak Greek to the locals when appropriate.
    - Buy a nice pair of shoes/trainers.
    - Get a tan but NOT sun burnt!!
    - Take lots of short video clips so I can make a video about the whole holiday when I get back!

I will probably do more stuff but idk what i'm going to be doing as i'm there for 2 weeks and my dad is in charge and he isn't the kind of guy who likes to 'tie himself down with plans'.
    • Vlog AS results day (I'll probably end up crying so I won't post it on here but it will be nice to look back on in years to come).
    • Go on a bike ride with my dad.
    • Make handmade decorations for my room.
    • Go an entire day without using technology.
    • Go to Cookie Shake with a friend.
    • Write a letter to my future self.
    • Have an IKEA breakfast with my family.
    • Try a proper macaroon.
    • Take at least one photo every day.
    • Make a summer 2016 playlist
    Spoiler:
    Show
    These are basically songs that I have listened to over the summer. I'll add this to an upcoming post.

ReputationRep:
    16/07/16 ~ First day of summer holidays!!

So- my summer holidays have now finally begun! To be honest, it's not really going to be a holiday as such, so i'll just refer to it as my 'long break from sixth form'. Annoyingly, I have a cold at the moment but I haven't done anything that requires you to not have a cold so it hasn't been much of a problem. It has however, been a nuisance.

Today, I have tidied my room [ whilst doing this, I emptied my pencil case and found a freaking ALIVE SPIDER in the bottom of it!!:afraid:] and in the afternoon, I started learning the 'rational expressions' topic of C3 for maths which doesn't seem too difficult. I'll attempt some exam questions on it in a few weeks time.
    I have just finished watching The Fault In Our Stars for the third time (not consecutively- over the space of three years) whilst making some notes on the Circular Motion topic of A2 physics.
    I know it may seem a bit odd to some people that I am doing school work over the 'summer holidays' but you see, I have technically already had a 'summer holiday'. My last AS exam was exactly a month ago and despite having been in sixth form for A2 lessons since then, I have done virtually no work at all until today. At least I now feel refreshed enough to start studying again!

The last thing i'm going to do today is learn how to pronounce the letters of the Greek alphabet using some flashcards that I made last autumn. Yes, I made flashcards last autumn and haven't looked at them since. Once I know how to pronounce all of the letters, I can begin learning how to read, write and speak some basic essential words!
    I will attach a photo of the flashcards but it will probably flop and just attach as a thumbnail.
    Update: It hasn't flopped
    Name:  Greek letters.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  527.3 KB
    Fun fact: 'X' in Greek is pronounced like our 'H'

ReputationRep:
    Exam Solutions basically taught me Alevel maths :lol: genuinely not even joking, best website. Good luck with all your education related goals and your uni applications, UCAS can be stressful, but when you get the emails telling you that you've had an update on UCAS Track, nothing tops that level of excitement :rofl:

Noticed you watch TFiOS, I've read it ( :love: ) but can't get myself to watch it!! oh and Cards Against Humanity is just absolutely hilarious - your list is FAR from un-interesting!! :lol: Yoga & Meditation also sounds good too, might give that a try myself!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepinglions)
    Exam Solutions basically taught me Alevel maths :lol: genuinely not even joking, best website. Good luck with all your education related goals and your uni applications, UCAS can be stressful, but when you get the emails telling you that you've had an update on UCAS Track, nothing tops that level of excitement :rofl:

Noticed you watch TFiOS, I've read it ( :love: ) but can't get myself to watch it!! oh and Cards Against Humanity is just absolutely hilarious - your list is FAR from un-interesting!! :lol: Yoga & Meditation also sounds good too, might give that a try myself!
    Same!! No offense to my teachers, but Exam Solutions makes everything so much easier to understand and he just gets straight to the point.
    Thank you, I'm dreading writing my personal statement because I have no idea what to put to make me stand out
    I've also read the book for TFIOS (after having watched the film twice) and it was interesting to see the similarities and differences between the two. The film is even sadder imo thanks to the very emotional music playlist! I do love the songs in that film though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessyjellytot14)
    Same!! No offense to my teachers, but Exam Solutions makes everything so much easier to understand and he just gets straight to the point.
    Thank you, I'm dreading writing my personal statement because I have no idea what to put to make me stand out
    I've also read the book for TFIOS (after having watched the film twice) and it was interesting to see the similarities and differences between the two. The film is even sadder imo thanks to the very emotional music playlist! I do love the songs in that film though...
    I don't think I can watch that alone, will probably force a friend to sit through it with me!

ReputationRep:
    19/07/16 ~ Trip to Matlock!!

Hellooooo TSR! I haven't posted anything for the past couple of days for two reasons:
    1. I already have a blog similar to this on WordPress so there's no point in writing the same thing out twice. Coughhttps://anaspiringclinicalpsychologi...wordpress.com/ Cough.
    2. All i've really been doing is sunbathing, watching YouTube videos, studying and reading.
    Therefore, I've decided to write on my other blog every day when I can because it is my long-term blog, and I'll just post on here when I've done something interesting or accomplished something on my bucket list.

Today my dad and I went on a trip to Matlock which was really nice. I'm going to try and upload some photos that I took.

Name:  008.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  609.3 KB

Name:  010.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  517.1 KB
    Good old chips and mushy peas!! (And mozarella sticks)

We also went on a rowing boat on the river which was really nice but it won't let me upload any of the photos from that.

I've just checked the weather and have discovered that there is a risk of 'severe' thunderstorms tomorrow. YIKES!!!!

ReputationRep:
    11/08/16 ~ Holiday in Kefalonia, Greece !!

Wow, it has been an awfully long time since I last posted anything here. Since I got back home from a two week holiday in Kefalonia, Greece yesterday, I think I should probably make a post about it.

So, what 'bucket list items' did I want to do during this holiday? Let's see...

Go swimming in the sea.

Yes, I definitely did this a lot! I even went snorkeling which is something I don't usually do because when I get my hair wet, I could probably pass off as a very unattractive sea creature tbh which I'd rather avoid whilst on a beach full of people.
    - Buy some white chocolate fudge covered oreos (they don't sell these in England )

Yes! I bought a box of white chocolate covered oreos and also a box of milk chocolate covered oreos. 3 euros each, not too bad!
    - Speak Greek to the locals when appropriate.

Lol no, this was actually quite difficult because the locals just spoke to me in English. My pale skin, blonde hair and blue eyes is probably a big give away that I am not a native and therefore cannot speak Greek

- Buy a nice pair of shoes/trainers.

No because I didn't see any that I liked. Sad times. I did buy some new flip-flops though!
    - Get a tan but NOT sun burnt!!

HAHAHAHA I got sunburnt literally everywhere during the first few days. It has turned into a tan now though which is all good.

- Take lots of short video clips so I can make a video about the whole holiday when I get back!

Yes, I filmed lots of short video-clips and I am currently in the process of compiling them together to make one big video which I'll upload to YouTube tomorrow.

As a joke, I also said that I'd like to not have an allergic reaction to peanuts whilst in Greece. This actually ended up happening! It was so awkward at the hospital because the doctors were talking about me in Greek so I didn't have a clue what they were saying about me. It made me laugh how they were shocked at how much time I'd spent in the sun though and then they were asking me if I thought I actually had a high temperature or if my skin was just hot from too much exposure to the sun haha smh.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 11, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.