Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Flyingpanda's Summer Bucket List! Watch

ReputationRep:
    FLYINGPANDA'SSUMMER BUCKETLIST <3

Hello TSR :woo: I've been wanting to make a random thread for a while and I saw this and thought why not?!

There is a list of things I've been wanting to do for a while now, but I've been way too lazy to start. Much like all of those failed New Year's Resolutions. :moon:

Also, that prize money looks pretty fantabulous to a broke student such as myself.

Anyway, I hope to actually do this thing, and not leave this thread to wither away and die.

Key:
    Not completed
    In progress
    COMPLETED (God knows how, I'm such an egg)

Onto the List:
    • Learn how to do all the fancy font stuff on TSR posts (i.e colours and size).
    Spoiler:
    Show
    This is something I'd been confused about for a long time, but I finally learned with this post!

(And plus, it feels good to have already completed something on the list.)
    • Donate blood for the first time.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    So, after seeing a TSR post a few months ago, courtesy of iEthan, I have been motivated to try and donate blood. I've already signed up to the website, and frequently receive reminders via email and mail. (Which makes my mother go insane :lol:)
    • Complete my DofE Gold Expedition
    Spoiler:
    Show
    So yeah, this is coming up. It's literally next week. I'm very nervous, as on the practice someone in our group was quite ill, so the other members were quite frustrated, and I hope they won't get too frustrated with me for any reason. Also, wild camping, so I'll have to poop in the nature, yo. (GOODBYE SNAPCHAT STREAKS, I'LL MISS YOU.)
    • Complete a short story, with TSR members as the main characters.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I enjoy writing. (Yaaaaaas full marks, creative writing, English Language. My one academic achievement ever.) But when it comes to character's names, I sit there for ages and only end up with 'Bob'. So, I have decided to include TSRians! Now, I don't have too many friends on TSR, I never use this website for months and then end up binging two weeks straight. So I'll add in any cool people, or anyone who shows any interest.
    • Bake something
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I am hopeless. But also obssessed with food. That is all.
    • Do 50 situps
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I want to pretend I'm fit and healthy. You know that DofE thing I mentioned up there? Forget about that. I am a silly moo. #sillymoo
    • Finally FINALLY move into a new bedroom, all nicely done up and everything
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I share a bedroom with my sullen, newly graduated sister. 'Nough said.
    • Read two books, that have been dying on my bookshelf, unopened.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Yes, I am guilty of buying books and letting them sit there all pretty on my bookshelf.This isn't a lot, I know, but I'll be so busy this summer, I won't have the time to read. I actually don't think I'll be able to complete this by the deadline, but oh well!
    • Finish a painting.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I've started a painting, and I want to finish it. I was gonna paint something for my mother's bedroom like 5 months ago, but long story short, I didn't have the canvases for what I had in mind, so she told me to just do something else. And here I am 5 months later painting something else. I am a terrible daughter.
    • Wake up at 7 am, just for kicks. (Not on a school day)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I have a thing with the whole day 'going to waste' if I wake up late. But I am a #sillymoo and go to bed really late and wake up at 11. Alas, my whole day is wasted, so I go to bed late again, rinse, repeat.
    • Complete the NCS Summer Programme
    Spoiler:
    Show
    This. This is thing taking up all my time this summer. So five days a week for three weeks I'll be a away, plus the five days for DofE, you get the gist.
    • Go camping
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Which I'll do via DofE and NCS.
    • Add a note in a library book
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Inspired by thecatwithnohat , I thought this was a cute little idea and wanted to try it out Alas, school is almost out, so I'll have to do it in a different library.
    I can't think of anything else right now, so I may add things later.

DAAAAMN I'VE SPENT A GOOD HOUR MAKING THIS THREAD. NO MOAARR. ALSO MY LAPTOP'S BEEN PRETTY SLOW, SO I HAVE TO KEEP WAITING FOR IT TO TYPE, THEN CORRECT MY MISTAKES AND TYPE AGAIN.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    This is great! Good on you for donating! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iEthan)
    This is great! Good on you for donating! :woo:
    Thanks for recommending it so long ago, I've not been able to forget and have been looking forward to doing it! :lol:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 13, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.