This discussion is closed.
Mphilstudent
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Hi,
I got accepted to the Mphil at Cambridge, Oxford, Msc at LSE as well as several top - 30 US econ departments for a first year Ph.D. ...
I was wondering whether anyone could commnet on the comparability of the UK degrees above...
Is the Cambridge Mphil more like the LSE Msc or the Oxford Mphil....
Anyone have an IDea what kind of Job one can get after this kind of a degree.....
E.g, is it possible to get a decent private sector or international organization job ?

Thanks for your reply
H&E
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Mphilstudent)
Hi,
I got accepted to the Mphil at Cambridge, Oxford, Msc at LSE as well as several top - 30 US econ departments for a first year Ph.D. ...
I was wondering whether anyone could commnet on the comparability of the UK degrees above...
Is the Cambridge Mphil more like the LSE Msc or the Oxford Mphil....
Anyone have an IDea what kind of Job one can get after this kind of a degree.....
E.g, is it possible to get a decent private sector or international organization job ?

Thanks for your reply
Given that you got into a graduate Econ course at Oxford, Cambridge, LSE, and several top US universities, I'd imagine you won't struggle to find a decent job.
KTE
Report 16 years ago
The MSc (Econ) will move along at a very fast pace. The "September Course" in math and statistics can only refresh the math you already know. If you are weak in this area, which is very unlikely, you will be surprised at how fast they will stretch you. It will be exhilarating to study so much at such a high level in such a short time. If you are somehow weak in maths though, you will be miserable there, at least in the Economics program. As you know, math is what economics is all about.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (43)
22.87%
Less motivated (145)
77.13%

Watched Threads