Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Tsrsarahhhh's summer bucket list thang! Watch

ReputationRep:
    So far my summer has consisted of consuming an unhealthy amount of crisps, Netflix binging and watching my friends having fun through my snapchat :couchpotato: (all of these activities have taken place in the comfort of my bed, of course). I thought this summer bucket list challenge would motivate not only to actually get out of bed but do something productive and fun with my free time before I go off to uni (also the 500 pounds doesn't sound too bad). I'd also like to use this summer to really boost my confidence, so you might notice some of these goals are to just do stuff on my own. It's so I can become comfortable with myself (I'm not just a loner).

HERE'S DA LIST:

1- BE A TOURIST IN MY OWN CITY- even though I've lived in Manchester my whole life I don't actually get out much and there's so much I've not seen, which is a shame considering how much Manchester has to offer. (Obviously I've seen all the obvious attractions but if anyone has any interesting recommendations I'd love to hear them)

2- VISIT EVERYSINGLE MUSEUM- in Manchester and on my own. IN PROGRESS

3- WATCH A FLIM AT THE CINEMA ON MY OWN

4- GET A GREEN THUMB- I love plants but I only restrict myself to succulents because I also have a terrible memory and end up neglecting them. I'd like to get a few more leafy house plants and maybe branch out to outside plants aswell.

5- START LEARNING A NEW LANGUAGE-I don't think it's possible to learn a whole new language in a summer. I'm half Pakistani and I'd like to learn Urdu. I already understand a lot of it and know many basic phrases but if like to become fluent and at least be able to learn how to speak a few sentences this holiday. IN PROGRESS

6-BECOME MORE INVESTED IN MY RELIGION IN PROGRESS

7- FINISH WRITING MY CV/ GET A PART TIME JOB

8- EAT AT A NEW RESTAURANT AND ORDER SOMETHING NEW

9- GO ON A HIKE WITH MY MUM

10- IMPROVE MY SPOTIFY PLAYLIST- I will listen to any genre (except scremo/ house music) leave any recommendations and play lists

11- RIDE PEPSI MAX AT BLACKPOOL- I've ridden everysingle ride at the park except that one, I always chicken out

12- READ AT LEAST 5 BOOKS- any recommendations? IN PROGRESS

13-COOK AT LEAST 3 MEALS FROM SCRATCH

14-PEIRCE THE CARTILAGE OF MY EARS

15-START TAKING DRIVING LESSONS

16- PAINT WITH OIL PAINTS MORE

17-GET A BIKE

18-RIDE THE BUS/TRAMS- on my own and more often (I've actually never been on a tram/train on my own lol)

19-BUY THE BEST GODAMN SCENTED CANDLE EVER- I'm srs I'm on the hunt

That's all for now I might update If anything comes to mind. I'll be posting pics and altering the list when I complete a goal so keep dem eyes peeled.:elefant::elefant:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tsrsarahhhh)
    So far my summer has consisted of consuming an unhealthy amount of crisps, Netflix binging and watching my friends having fun through my snapchat :couchpotato: (all of these activities have taken place in the comfort of my bed, of course). I thought this summer bucket list challenge would motivate not only to actually get out of bed but do something productive and fun with my free time before I go off to uni (also the 500 pounds doesn't sound too bad). I'd also like to use this summer to really boost my confidence, so you might notice some of these goals are to just do stuff on my own. It's so I can become comfortable with myself (I'm not just a loner).

Here's da list:

1- BE A TOURIST IN MY OWN CITY- even though I've lived in Manchester my whole life I don't actually get out much and there's so much I've not seen, which is a shame considering how much Manchester has to offer. (Obviously I've seen all the obvious attractions but if anyone has any interesting recommendations I'd love to hear them)

2- VISIT EVERYSINGLE MUSEUM- in Manchester and on my own.
    3- WATCH A FLIM AT THE CINEMA- on my own
    4- GET A GREEN THUMB- I love plants but I only restrict myself to succulents because I also have a terrible memory and end up neglecting them. I'd like to get a few more leafy house plants and maybe branch out to outside plants aswell.
    5- START LEARNING A NEW LANGUAGE- I don't think it's possible to learn a whole new language in a summer. I'm half Pakistani and I'd like to learn Urdu. I already understand a lot of it and know many basic phrases but if like to become fluent and at least be able to learn how to speak a few sentences.
    6-BECOME MORE INVESTED IN MY RELIGION
    7- FINISH WRITING MY CV/ GET A PART TIME JOB

8- EAT AT A NEW RESTAURANT- and order something I'd never usually order

9- GO ON A HIKE WITH MY MUM
    10- IMPROVE MY SPOTIFY PLAYLIST- I will listen to any genre (except scremo/ house music) leave any recommendations
    11- RIDE PEPSI MAX AT BLACKPOOL- I've ridden everysingle ride at the park except that one, I always chicken out
    12- READ AT LEAST 5 BOOKS- any recommendations?
    13-COOK AT LEAST 3 MEALS FROM SCRATCH
    14-PEIRCE THE CARTILAGE OF MY EARS
    15-PAINT MY ROOM- I'd like to paint a mural but i don't think my mum would let me

16- PAINT WITH OIL PAINTS MORE

17-GET A BIKE
    That's all for now I might update If anything comes to mind. I'll be posting pics and altering the list when I complete a goal so keep dem eyes peeled.:elefant::elefant:
    You Go! Awesome list, I want to have my helix pierced (but i haven't even got my lobes pierced lol). Spotify, maybe try looking on their 'browse' playlists, they have some super cute playlists and it helps if you're looking for new bands

Have funnnnn!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruexs1)
    You Go! Awesome list, I want to have my helix pierced (but i haven't even got my lobes pierced lol). Spotify, maybe try looking on their 'browse' playlists, they have some super cute playlists and it helps if you're looking for new bands

Have funnnnn!!
    Me too I want to pierce my helix, I just recently got my lobes repeirced and I was terrified, but it didn't even hurt! Thanks for the recommendation hopefully I stick to the list.

ReputationRep:
    this sounds really good, i wish you the best of luck!

in regards to book recommendations, here are some suggestions:
    1) the great gatsby (hope it's spelt right!)
    2) 1984
    3) never let me go
    4) hitchhiker's guide to the Galaxy
    5) pride and prejudice
    6) animal farm
    and ofc.. the Harry Potter and hunger games series!

you have probably already read most of them, those are the books that first came to mind. if you search '100 books to read' online, it will give you suggestions of books to read in your lifetime!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ?Hannah)
    this sounds really good, i wish you the best of luck!

in regards to book recommendations, here are some suggestions:
    1) the great gatsby (hope it's spelt right!)
    2) 1984
    3) never let me go
    4) hitchhiker's guide to the Galaxy
    5) pride and prejudice
    6) animal farm
    and ofc.. the Harry Potter and hunger games series!

you have probably already read most of them, those are the books that first came to mind. if you search '100 books to read' online, it will give you suggestions of books to read in your lifetime!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks I'll search it now I've actually read all the books on the list except hitchhikers guide to the galaxy and Never let me go, I've never heard of them so I'll search them aswell.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  480.2 KB 21/7/16-Visited Manchester museum today. I haven't been in ages and I had such a good day. The university was also holding a graduation ceremony, it got me nervous for results day as my firm is manchester. (GOAL 2)
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    23/ 07/ 16
    Visited heaton park with my mum, sister and brother. It was SO busy. We ended up renting a row boat, which was something I've never done before and it was amazing (despite the feeling that our boat was going to tip )
    Unfortunately I only managed to take one picture for this thread before my battery died, it's a picture of my brother on the boats today. Next time I do something I'll make sure to bring my camera! (GOAL 1)
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Keep up the list it's looking good x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LiiHyde)
    Keep up the list it's looking good x
    Lol I've actually forgot about this summer bucket list challenge thing and now summer is almost over!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tsrsarahhhh)
    Lol I've actually forgot about this summer bucket list challenge thing and now summer is almost over!!
    ahhh there is still timeeee you've got 3 days until the deadline your list looks like so much fun why not try and get some more done? xx

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 23, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Is cheesecake a cake?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.