The Student Room Group

Going to a restaurant by yourself as a teen?

Scroll to see replies

I sit in places like Subway, McDonalds etc alone but not proper restaurants. Same kinda reason, just feel awkward doing it. But by all means go for it, I was in a restaurant today with friends and the table right next to us had two people sitting alone straight after each other and we didn't pay any attention to it at all.

Once you do it once it will be probably be fine from there on
Original post by stefano865
In a relatively formal place it would look slightly odd.

Many places are casual and have an almost cafe-like atmosphere. It would be no problem there.

Just do what you want. :wink:

Yeah I can understand that.

I was planning on going more to a casual place. So that's made me feel more at ease about it!

Shall do, thanks!
Original post by fermat1324
just do it or get a takeaway

sorry to hear about your friend situation

anyway i'm 24 with no friends. wouldn't have dreamt of going to a restaurant as a teen but do it without thinking now. I'm so shameless I'll even drink alone in a restaurant but I'm no role model lol

I don't want takeaways. I want proper food!

It's not great tbh, but it's not the end of the world, I'm probably happier like this anyway!

Aww I'm sorry to hear that!! But it's not the worst thing ever! It's actually more enjoyable to be by yourself! No one to tell you what to do! You can do whatever you want, whenever you want to!!!!
Original post by FireFreezer77
No me neither but I'd like to (hence the thread!)
Well I'd hope so, but others seem to feel differentlyM
That's what I'd want to see tbh.
And yeah I would do!

If people do notice that you're alone they'll probably just assume you are waiting for someone and then they'll continue to whatever they were doing.
But I think it can depend on what restaurant you're at, is there a specific restaurant you have in mind?
Original post by 1secondsofvamps
If people do notice that you're alone they'll probably just assume you are waiting for someone and then they'll continue to whatever they were doing.
But I think it can depend on what restaurant you're at, is there a specific restaurant you have in mind?

Yeah that's true actually, they'll get suspicious when no one turns up though.
But yeah that's true.
Not yet, I'll go to wherever I feel like on the day probably tbh
Original post by AndrewSCO
I sit in places like Subway, McDonalds etc alone but not proper restaurants. Same kinda reason, just feel awkward doing it. But by all means go for it, I was in a restaurant today with friends and the table right next to us had two people sitting alone straight after each other and we didn't pay any attention to it at all.

Once you do it once it will be probably be fine from there on

I think those places are easier to sit in alone for some reason, no idea why though.
Yeah it's weird isn't it, it should just be normal but it isn't!
Ah well that's a good sign then. I hope others are like you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending