Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Labour supporters: Why do you not like Corbyn? Watch

ReputationRep:
    A minority of Labour supports do not like Corbyn's leader. But why? I do not see any reason apart from he doesn't have backing of MP's, but I do not get why they do not back him.

ReputationRep:
    Centre left leaning members of the public and MPs aren't keen on his inability to unite the sides of the party, the two being the grassroot/more left wing members and the centre left "Blairite" members. Others think he is unelectable as he is too left leaning and as, unfortunately (left wing bias lmao), the British public are becoming more right leaning as time goes on, they think he will not be able to secure a win for Labour.

ReputationRep:
    ^some people also think he didn't do enough campaigning on Labour's behalf to remain in the EU, but I think that's just people searching for a scapegoat as the remain side lost

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I know people say he is unelectable but what evidence is there to back this up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RuWill2001)
    Yeah, I know people say he is unelectable but what evidence is there to back this up?
    Kinnock, Milliband.........

ReputationRep:
    A minority of Labour supports do not like Corbyn's leader. But why? I do not see any reason apart from he doesn't have backing of MP's, but I do not get why they do not back him.
    Ok so,
    centre-wing (not left or right) new Prime Minister, who targetting working class families/lower middle class as well as being fair to wealthy who work hard too.

Very left-wing labour leader for only the idealist, higher taxes and more borrowing (conservatives will borrow but keep it under control)

Who would public pick? Looks like conservatives going to get a bigger majority in 2020.

ReputationRep:
    I dislike Corbyn because his links to people like George Galloway, Milne et al plus appearances on RT make him seem like a regressive leftist as are his sympathies with groups like Hamas and his slightly warped views on certain issues mean he's either incredibly naive or he's genuinely unpleasant.

I also think he's not all as principled as he's cracked up to be- his new kind of politics seems to include bullying and the hiring of disgraced spin doctor after 'kinder, gentler politics' speech..,

He also doesn't have the support of the majority of his MPs which is kinda essential

Genuinely can't see him being prime minister and I dont think he can either. You need to be on power otherwise what's the point?

I think he's genuinely incompetent. I say this as somebody who think McDonnell has overall done an excellent job.

I think some of the ridiculous criticisms of him ie the whole Bowing thing are ridiculous but perhaps employed by Murdoch to shore up support for a leader they know will keep the Tories in power.

( I did enjoy him inj PMQs yesterday tbf. Also I think the MPs opposed to him need to abandon the labour party and form a new Liberal Party with Lib dems and more left wing tories)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ckfeister)
    Ok so,
    centre-wing (not left or right) new Prime Minister, who targetting working class families/lower middle class as well as being fair to wealthy who work hard too.

Very left-wing labour leader for only the idealist, higher taxes and more borrowing (conservatives will borrow but keep it under control)

Who would public pick? Looks like conservatives going to get a bigger majority in 2020.
    Theresa May is not centrist- Neither is Cameron.

Both of them talk the same but ultimately actions speak louder than words.

ReputationRep:
    I voted labour in the last election and I don't exactly dislike Corbyn. I doubt his ability to win an election, as many do, but then I just doubt labour's ability to win an election in general and they don't seem to have any great leaders lined up. I am concerned about Corbyn's potential "progressive" tendencies; I am rather left-wing in most ways, but sympathising with right wing authoritarian groups and ideologies...nah, it seems like the horseshoe theory in action. I want to like him because he does seem less Machiavellian and self-serving than most, but overall I suppose I'm of two minds. Better than Eagle anyway, she seems to have less charisma and pretty much all we know about her so far is that she is a backstabber...not great

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davij038)
    Theresa May is not centrist- Neither is Cameron.

Both of them talk the same but ultimately actions speak louder than words.
    They are social conservatives. When was the last time a tory PM talked about working class?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ckfeister)
    They are social conservatives. When was the last time a tory PM talked about working class?
    I'm sure Cameron did but John Major certainly.

ReputationRep:
    I am not a Labour supporter. I am one of these hard fought over floating voters so I am not adverse to the idea of voting for Labour. But I can't vote for Corbyn. He is a wonderful man of integrity, but he is not a leader. He has split his colleagues and attracted only controversy. Yes, he is a brilliant activist and campaigner but a leader and future PM he is not. I could not vote for him or a party lead by him. He talks of social justice, but doesn't talk about the economy, jobs, prosperity, health, education or any of the other pressing issues out there. He is a one trick pony.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.