Official Star Wars Rogue One thread

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    SCROLL DOWN FOR OFFICIAL TRAILER

As I have been a massive Star Wars geek for practically my entire life, I felt that an official thread for tomorrow's Rogue One full trailer reveal was necessary Will we see the return of Darth Vader? I truly hope so!

Teaser Trailer:

Are you looking forward to Rogue One? Will it be better than Episode 7? Also if you have any thoughts on any of the characters then feel free to discuss!

Also if you want to talk about anything Star Wars related then feel free, e.g. How much EA screwed up Battlefront :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Lots of new footage in this video from the Star Wars Celebration day. Looking forward to seeing the whole film!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asif007)
    Lots of new footage in this video from the Star Wars Celebration day. Looking forward to seeing the whole film!
    It was a good watch for sure, but I wanted to see what they saw at the convention I hope that we get to see it soon!

ReputationRep:

:ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Any thoughts on the new trailer?

ReputationRep:
    Top notch. I'm excited!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bobtheslob)
    Top notch. I'm excited!
    Definitely! I wasn't sure how great it was going to be, but I think Disney are doing a good job - not understanding the hate towards them

ReputationRep:
    Epic. Actually looks better than episode 7.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Epic. Actually looks better than episode 7.
    Agreed. I really like the new camera shots they've got going, like the close up of tie fighter near the end of the trailer

ReputationRep:
    Anyone notice how Forest Whitaker's character has shaved head in the teaser and then grey hair in the official trailer

ReputationRep:
    As both a fan of Star Wars & war films then I'm definitely interested.

Although, saying that, Star Wars has always borrowed bits from War Films - Episode 4's trench run is similar to the Dambusters while the X-Wings skimming above the lake in Episode 7 with John Williams' excellent score in the background feels straight out of a war film too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tempest II)
    As both a fan of Star Wars & war films then I'm definitely interested.

Although, saying that, Star Wars has always borrowed bits from War Films - Episode 4's trench run is similar to the Dambusters while the X-Wings skimming above the lake in Episode 7 with John Williams' excellent score in the background feels straight out of a war film too.
    Yeah definitely - I don't think they shy away from it either though. I mean wasn't the Empire meant to be based on the Nazis? They've basically just added space factor to war, so really it should be Space Wars Not as catchy though

Will be a sad day when John Williams passes - he's made some fantastic music!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PugDevil)
    Yeah definitely - I don't think they shy away from it either though. I mean wasn't the Empire meant to be based on the Nazis? They've basically just added space factor to war, so really it should be Space Wars Not as catchy though

Will be a sad day when John Williams passes - he's made some fantastic music!
    I think, as Brits, we're meant to associate the Empire with the Nazis but I think for Americans they associate the Imperials with the British Empire.
    A lot Imperial officers seem to speak the Queen's English afterall!

But I don't have a problem with that as Hollywood loves British villains. In fact, I'm amazed that the 2 leads in the Force Awakens were British & as is the lead in Rogue One. Maybe us Brits aren't just playing the bad guys anymore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tempest II)
    I think, as Brits, we're meant to associate the Empire with the Nazis but I think for Americans they associate the Imperials with the British Empire.
    A lot Imperial officers seem to speak the Queen's English afterall!

But I don't have a problem with that as Hollywood loves British villains. In fact, I'm amazed that the 2 leads in the Force Awakens were British & as is the lead in Rogue One. Maybe us Brits aren't just playing the bad guys anymore.
    That's very true, I hadn't thought about it like that!

Maybe I am getting really sick of people complaining about two women holding the leads for the latest films. At the end of the day, who cares! Grinds my gears

ReputationRep:
    Trailer doesn't give much away but I was loving the music!!! So excited to see what they do with Vader

ReputationRep:
    Second trailer needs more rebel alarm - that wooe wooe wooe wooe wooe wooe wooe wooe wooe sound.

But i do love the tone set by both trailers now, and the cast:sogood:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by getfunky!)
    Second trailer needs more rebel alarm - that wooe wooe wooe wooe wooe wooe wooe wooe wooe sound.

But i do love the tone set by both trailers now, and the cast:sogood:
    Gettin' my geek out and I shall correct you - it's the Imperial alarm

Like this -

Like someone says in the comments, it would be a good alarm clock :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I wonder how much Darth Vader will be in the movie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PugDevil)
    Any thoughts on the new trailer?
    It looks so good. I'm more excited for this than I was Episode 7

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Opinion)
    I wonder how much Darth Vader will be in the movie.
    I'm hoping they don't use him as a throwaway character, putting him in for nostalgia sake

(Original post by JordanHardy)
    It looks so good. I'm more excited for this than I was Episode 7

I know :zomg: I've watched it like 10 times already

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: January 3, 2017
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
American or British/European: what type of pancakes do you like?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.