Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    So I am a recent graduate from the University of Greenwich - it's not the best university (in the sense that it's not Russell Group) and I haven't helped my chances because I got a 2:2.

    I have around 5 years combined experience but the fact that I have a 2:2 still doesn't change with that experience. In order to attempt to rectify my situation, I want to do a Masters before I go on to do the LPC.

    So, my question is, can I do a Masters in something non Law related (e.g. English, Business etc) and still do the LPC? Does my Masters have to be law related?

    • Very Important Poster

    Very Important Poster
    Presumably your first degree is an LLB?

    Not sure a master will help you by rectifiying the 2:2, but it adds a little to your CV.
    A masters is hit or miss, so whatever you do its a gamble. You will have to check with the firms you are interested in whether you can still apply if they have a min 2:1 requirement..

    To answer your question, then theres nothing stopping you, except finance and time.
    Whether it will significnatly improve things is very hit or miss.
    Your MA can be anything, but they may query what led you to choose whatever it is , when or if you are interviewed. I'd make sure it was something useful.
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.