Turn on thread page Beta

How do you learn a language, and how many do you speak? watch

ReputationRep:
    Mans just here only able to speak english, while these kids on Child genius can speak like 4 languages.

Anyways, first I want to learn spanish. My friend told me to listen to spanish music and watch films. Did it at GCSE got a B:smug:, still have the textbooks but idk how to go about all pf this

How many languages do you guys know and how do you learn them

ReputationRep:
    I can speak every language there is mate, hence why i've managed to pick up every nationality of girl there is.

Edit: I gotta stay out of Russia, almost drowned in the amount of girls that wanted me there.

ReputationRep:
    I'm fully fluent in 2 (English and Spanish), can speak French to a very advanced level and am conversational in German. I learnt the first two from birth, did both French and German at GCSE, but continued with French for a total of almost 9 years.

ReputationRep:
    I've just started to learn French. I've not bothered with text books or learning the grammar etc. I'm attempting to learn by listening to native French speakers on podcasts with English explanations now and then.
    It's how we learned english so can't be that bad of an idea.
    I also read through the 1000 most common words and phrases in everyday French. Apparently something like 95% of everyday vocabulary consists of only 5% of the language (numbers change depending on source).

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I am fully fluent in english and urdu and punjabi.

ReputationRep:
    I can speak English, French, German, Mandarin and Japanese, all to varying levels of fluency, although I am competent in all 5 (English being my native languages).

I learnt them by intensive studying and multiple trips to the relevant countries (I even lived in China for a year)

ReputationRep:
    Fluent with English and Urdu.Can speak a lot of Punjabi too. I know lots of Chinese and Spanish too. I knew a bit of French.

ReputationRep:
    I'm fluent in Cantonese and english. Did French at GCSE and achieve a C, I'm not doing it for A level however I am learning more by myself during my free time. Memrise is a good app so I recommend it

ReputationRep:
    Fluent in English and Hindi. Can hold a conversation in French and German for a while, "Adequate" at Portuguese and Italian.

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.