The Student Room Group

Placing myself into clearing?

I am feeling less confident as my results day comes closer and am certain I do not have the grades for my firm university. I am not very keen about my insurance and would be interested in applying for a foundation course at a university I had previously declined due to a high grade offer for their regular course. The grades are more realistic for what I may end up with and even lower than my insurance so I would have to email my insurance to have myself placed into clearing for 2016 if I do not get into my firm. I am just wondering if it a safe choice to make as the university I am looking to apply for in clearing is my favoured university, even more so than my firm, meaning I am certain I would enjoy my time there. I am asking if you think it would be wise for me to have my insurance reject me so I can be placed into clearing in case my firm does not accept my grades?
Rather than speculate. Relax. You have the rest of your life to stress out.

When you have your grades, you are then in a position to make some decisions and you may even be surprised, not only by your own grades, but by the offers made to you buy your firm or even other universities. For example, I was offered BCC by Aston but they still accepted me even though I had CCD. You never know.

Chill out till results day.

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest