Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    As you all know, many subjects have been reformed this year but some also haven't (eg. maths and French). I've been told that any AS exams taken for the reformed subjects have to be declared on the UCAS application. However, the only grade I'm not happy about is my French (expecting a low B/ high C). I definitely don't want this to go on my application and I wasn't sure if I still had the choice to keep it off there as it's still an unreformed subject. I hope that makes sense XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentsixth)
    As you all know, many subjects have been reformed this year but some also haven't (eg. maths and French). I've been told that any AS exams taken for the reformed subjects have to be declared on the UCAS application. However, the only grade I'm not happy about is my French (expecting a low B/ high C). I definitely don't want this to go on my application and I wasn't sure if I still had the choice to keep it off there as it's still an unreformed subject. I hope that makes sense XD
    Unfortunately all grades have to be declared on UCAS, even ones you don't want them to see

ReputationRep:
    Yes, all grades have to be declared otherwise your application can be rendered invalid due to fraud

ReputationRep:
    Thanks you guys. It turns out that my school aren't going to certify them at all so my ass is saved!

If you have cashed them in, yes. If not, no. As far as I know, all State schools automatically cash in AS grades; private schools tend not to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Platopus)
    If you have cashed them in, yes. If not, no. As far as I know, all State schools automatically cash in AS grades; private schools tend not to.
    Ohh okay thanks ^_^

I have one more question: Some unis are wanting AAAb minimum entry for medicine like KCL and Edinburgh. I was wondering if it had to be at AS or could a B at A2 suffice?

ReputationRep:
    everything has to be declared even some random short course gcse you did back in year 9

Ohh okay thanks ^_^

I have one more question: Some unis are wanting AAAb minimum entry for medicine like KCL and Edinburgh. I was wondering if it had to be at AS or could a B at A2 suffice?
    That sounds like they're asking for A2 grades

ReputationRep:
    I thought everything had to be declared...

(Original post by fefssdf)
    everything has to be declared even some random short course gcse you did back in year 9
    Like this person has just said

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EnterNamehereplz)
    I thought everything had to be declared...

Like this person has just said
    I shall now go by the name of ' this person ' hehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    I shall now go by the name of ' this person ' hehe

:P

ReputationRep:
    Ohh okay thanks ^_^

That lowercase b only applies if you dropped your fourth subject at AS. A B at A2 should be fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.