Turn on thread page Beta

Telemarketers watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I swear the next outsourced Indian telemarketer that phones me...

I was on the toilet. Phoned rung... rushed upstairs.

"Hello, sir how are you today?"
    "Fine thank you."
    "I call on behalf of ISMA, May I ask you sir.. Are you a mortgage payer."
    "F*** OFF YOU SON OF A *****."

What are other peoples experiances with this annoyance?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.uk-learning.net/t52637.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by capslock)
    I swear the next outsourced Indian telemarketer that phones me...

I was on the toilet. Phoned rung... rushed upstairs.

"Hello, sir how are you today?"
    "Fine thank you."
    "I call on behalf of ISMA, May I ask you sir.. Are you a mortgage payer."
    "F*** OFF YOU SON OF A *****."

What are other peoples experiances with this annoyance?

If you have a cordeless phone, put it really close to the stole boal, and flush it Or have a whistle on Stand-By for such matters

P.s. I am still to test these, but be my guest

ReputationRep:
    Still its always nice to get phone calls...(jokes i promise :cool: )

I hate to think what kind of mess you made rushing upstairs when you were on the toilet. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    I hate to think what kind of mess you made rushing upstairs when you were on the toilet. :eek:
    Haha. Thankfully it was only a 'number 1'.

ReputationRep:
    hehe an indian friend of mine just got a job as a telemarketer!

Well that's a relief, if people call when i'm in the shower, sleeping, eating, on the toilet etc i just don't answer - if it's important they'll call back.

ReputationRep:
    That could still leave a nasty stain

ReputationRep:
    Well that's a relief, if people call when i'm in the shower, sleeping, eating, on the toilet etc i just don't answer - if it's important they'll call back.
    Same, but I was expecting an important phone call

ReputationRep:
    Very True, or just seeing how mine times they will ring before hanging up, i know for a fact, my dad will let it Ring about 9 Times MOM for ever and my brother around 4-5 times.

This is all cute coz you can answer as soon as they are ready to hang up....

Thanks to caller ID.... I am a sick person i know! :cool:

Same, but I was expecting an important phone call
    That's where the 'important call' theory comes into play.

(Original post by KOH)
    Very True, or just seeing how mine times they will ring before hanging up, i know for a fact, my dad will let it Ring about 9 Times MOM for ever and my brother around 4-5 times.

This is all cute coz you can answer as soon as they are ready to hang up....

Thanks to caller ID.... I am a sick person i know!
    lol my mum lets it ring forever, it's so annoying, i can't be bothered to speak to her on the phone everyday. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KOH)
    If you have a cordeless phone, put it really close to the stole boal, and flush it Or have a whistle on Stand-By for such matters

P.s. I am still to test these, but be my guest
    Rape alarms work well - but they should be saved for freaky stalker phonecalls.
    Other things to try...
    * Hum a single note for as long as you can
    * Ask for their home number so you can phone them back later to discuss whatever it is they want to talk about
    * After you've said hello stay silent and see how long it takes them to hang up
    * Tell them that you're so glad they've called - you've been wanting someone to ask about a rash you've found...
    * Say that the doctor has advised you not to talk to cold callers/telemarketers - it brings you out in a nasty rash
    * Keep coughing really loud down the phone
    * Say no thanks but you've got something they might be interested in buying...
    * Make a huge fart noise then just hang up
    * Just hang up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    Other things to try...
    * Ask for their home number so you can phone them back later to discuss whatever it is they want to talk about
    * Tell them that you're so glad they've called - you've been wanting someone to ask about a rash you've found...
    * Say that the doctor has advised you not to talk to cold callers/telemarketers - it brings you out in a nasty rash
    * Just hang up

These totally beat mine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    Other things to try...
    * Just hang up

I think I'm going to try a few of those... I've given up now though and usually just hang up!

ReputationRep:
    Scream as load as you can, they'll put the phone down when their ears begin to bleed.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 12, 2004
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.