Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys I'm new to this site, I'm sure this questioned has been asked before, but I really need some advice.

I'm an American postgraduate student who will be going to Durham university in September for my Masters in Archaeology.

I recently got invited to both St. Aidan's and St. Mary's college for accommodation so I'm wondering which would be better for a student who is most likely going to be involved with history/Archaeology classes.

I am also critiquing each college based on community/social groups since, as an American, I'm naturally going to want to go and meet new people and make friends while I'm there.

I would prefer to live in the Bailey, but to be honest I'm looking for a college that will give me a healthy social life while also promoting my academic career.

ReputationRep:
    Im at st Aidans and its such a good atmosphere and the post grad accommodation is great. I don't know about your course but you definitely get the social aspect at Aidans.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.