The Student Room Group

How strict is your school?

So at @Bishbashjosh1's school if your hair is shorter than a level 1 you get put in isolation until it grows back!! (so a classroom to yourself until it grows back WHAT!? :zomg:)

What's the strictest thing at your school/college/uni?
Original post by MarleyZ
So at @Bishbashjosh1's school if your hair is shorter than a level 1 you get put in isolation until it grows back!! (so a classroom to yourself until it grows back WHAT!? :zomg:)

What's the strictest thing at your school/college/uni?

Da***!!!! That's ridiculous... The worst we had at my school for that kinda thing was just like if it was too long, you got sent to the barber...

First 2-3 years of secondary school, we had blue and pink chits which were our punishments...

Blue chit was when you had to go to this place in the middle of the school at 7.30 in the morning.
Pink chit was when you had to run to the same place as a blue chit, then up to the top of the playing fields, then back to the middle of the school, and then back to House, at 7.30 in the morning... that then changed to having to copy out a news article at 7.30 in the morning after a couple of years though!
My old school was very strict.
If you arrive late you'll have a 1 hour detention on Saturday. Shoes had to be black. Many people had tags that were green so they had to cut it off or colour it in with markers.
If the teachers found a students phone on them it would be sold on eBay :rofl:
We also got regular metal detector checks for phones.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by saraxh
My old school was very strict.
If you arrive late you'll have a 1 hour detention on Saturday. Shoes had to be black. Many people had tags that were green so they had to cut it off or colour it in with markers.
If the teachers found a students phone on them it would be sold on eBay :rofl:
W also got regular metal detector checks for phones.

My school sounds practically tame compared to yours!!

At my school incorrect uniform was either a detention or being sent back home.
Haircut was also isolation and being suspended (temporarily)
Phones in lessons is a detention
Bags in lesson is a detention
Reply 4
My secondary school was so laid back and lenient. They let you have crazy coloured hair or fancy haircuts, they didn't mind if you didn't wear your blazer as long as you wore a tie, they didn't allow you to use your phone in class but would only take the phone off you until the end of the lesson, girls could wear either skirts or trousers, you could wear make up, you didn't get into trouble if you were late unless it was every single day.
My school was pretty chill, apart from insisting you wear a blazer at absolutely all times, including high summer, which lead to a lot of fried brains:s-smilie:
My school was kinda strict
-blazer on at all times, even when it's boiling hot in the summer
-no coats allowed even when in winter, they immediately got you to take it off inside if they see you wearing one
-no nail polish (or at least one of the science teachers didn't like it)
-only lower ear lobe peircings were allowed, if they saw you with any other piercings you had to take it out.
I hit a teacher and didn't get expelled
My school was somewhat strict:
-Shirts tucked in all times (literally they would walk into lessons and make everyone stand up)
-Walking only on the left side of the corridor
-No phones shown at all or they were confiscated until your parents can collect
-Blazers and tie worn at all times when moving
-No eating inside
-No fizzy drinks

And the usual, if your hair is coloured then you get sent home etc..
Original post by Marshall Taylor
-Shirts tucked in all times (literally they would walk into lessons and make everyone stand up)
-No eating inside
-No fizzy drinks

Indeed
Boys:
- Hair has to be 3 or 4 (they don’t particularly enforce this, I have a 2)
- No ‘unnatural’ hair colours
Girls:
- Hair has to be tied up
- No ‘unnatural’ hair colours

Punishments:
Boys:
- Not really anything for first one
- Suspension until dyed back
Girls:
- Told to tie up hair, refusal is isolation
- Suspension until hair is dyed back

My close friend dyed their hair pink and was sent home crying, she then dyed it blonde that evening and went back the following day.
Also:
-No eating inside
-No fizzy drinks
Original post by Marshall Taylor
-No eating inside
-No fizzy drinks

sorry copied yours if you don’t mind, yours was exactly the same as mine :colondollar:
Original post by frankielogue
sorry copied yours if you don’t mind, yours was exactly the same as mine :colondollar:

No worries haha. I'll even add in the consequences system:

Warning 1 - (literally for talking) = nothing
Warning 2 - (can be if the teacher hates you or whatever = parked, forced exit of lesson and 45minute detention)

Year 10 and below
Warning 1 = parked

Refusal of parking = isolation for the day (most people did this deliberately to wipe unserved detentions)

Missed detentions = Friday detention (1 hour)

Missed Friday = Isolation
Original post by Magnus Taylor
Indeed

They'd NOT make me!!
Not allowed to breath in classes :frown: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1cfVQyrQ3Q

Quick Reply

Latest